Witness World discussion about Demonic Influences

by DevonMcBride 41 Replies latest jw friends

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

When I was a jaydub, I had no psychic experiences and no visitations by "demons." Most of my clothes and furniture were second-hand.

Polly Pan said:

an inanimate object did speak to me and on another occasion I walked into a wall of ice in my living room... and knives would set themselves out on my counter at night in a nice even row.

I've had objects talk to me - not with sounds, more a flash of emotion. When it happens unlooked for I tend to assume it's as genuine as these things ever get. "Haunted" or "spirit-attracting" objects rarely have anything more substantial to say to me than "Hi! Look at meeee!" Plants especially.

Now, the wall of ice thing, I've perceived curtains or balls or layers of "different" energy, very rarely. I've had no perception that they were strewn about maliciously or even meant for me; usually they're just "byproducts" of events/processes I can't "see" or understand, and not really my business at all.

I did go "spirit-hunting" in the woods one day, looking for a hospitable place to pay my respects to the springtime. One spot was so "dead" that it felt like the energy had been shut down or concealed on purpose; a strong "flavor" of "shut up and she'll go away." As if I had walked in on something that I had no business knowing about. So I left.

I spotted the coolest ceramic figurines ... as I stood there looking at them I got the chills run over my body.... RED FLAG RED FLAG

I think Polly Pan was wise to follow these instincts. Even from a strictly materialist viewpoint, there's no point in bringing home trinkets that make you uncomfortable. And from an ooga-booga viewpoint, well, let me illustrate:

I have a friend who was overcome by the blue horrors when she walked into a certain witch-supply shop. She is a magic worker herself, so I was surprised. She transferred her business to another, more new-agey shop that I found spiritually suffocating to walk into, until I took a wonderful class from someone who worked there. The witch-supply shop that scared my friend is my favorite place to go for mojo supplies and advice. When we talked it over we decided that it was probably just a case of "bad fit".

As to the knives on the counter - I once found a handful of coughdrops on my kitchen counter with knife slashes through them.

But then, I had an infestation of surrealists: When I queried my son about the cough drops, he said gleefully, "They won't bother you annnnny morrrrre."

Annie said:

My daughters tell me that they have memories of their father turning into a roaring lion or something. And you know something, I'm getting chills right now just thinking about it; but I have always told them that it's not true.

Couldn't it be possible that her children processed memories of abuse (maybe only verbal) in their dreams? The subconscious often talks to us in metaphors and puns, and young children often have trouble distinguishing the dream state from waking life.

On a cheerier note, I'm reminded of a song from "Minstrelsy along the Scottish Border": about an old woman who asked her pastor about these sinful desires she was having (the song went into some euphemistic detail about what was going on "down there"). The pastor congratulated her on being so spiritual that the demons couldn't get to her any other way!

Odrade remembers:

Nah, my mom used to put the demonized stuff out in the garage for a few months. She seemed to think the demons couldn't live out there.

More likely they'd get bored and go away.

Sirona:

As a witch I can say that we don't get hold of an old vase and summon a demon to take up residence in it -

OK, I will not discuss A. O. Spare's "earthen virgin" ...

and I can't imagine any spirit being desirous of making my furniture its home. Admittedly, objects can hold residual energy,

My theory is that any object is a potential lens for intangible minds of many types: ghosts, passing nature spirits, those abstract sentient creatures I occasionally see in meditation. They throw a glance through it in passing. If they see something interesting, they might come back repeatedly to "put an eye to the peephole," so to speak.

And I'm not at all sure that all such "peepholes" are permanent.

but those who have a smidgen of faith (which JWs apparently do not in this regard) know that a simple prayer over the object or a dunk in some plain old water can suffice to remove old residues

I agree -- all the energy manifestations that I've "tasted" have been extremely fragile or unstable.

GentlyFeral

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

pathetic aint it. people are so scared that they forget that they left thair tv on and throw furniture out the window. this is what happens when you let some one else control your life.

r. schroder from wolverine hall has always had stories about demons attacking him. and so have a couple of other familys. always the usual suspects. how come it is always the dim ones that have all the trouble.

one of those things that make you go hummm.

schroder told of a story about a divorced dubber that had pictures eyes glow and things change position wile gone to meeting.

then they found this box of dishes under the trailor and it had oh nooooo crosses on the plates. schroder took them to the dump and did not just dump them he smashed each one. bad choice the splinters [his story honest] got in his gloves and on the way back from the dump his gloves tried to strangle him. that the story I was told no shit. he said it just this way. so he throws his gloves out the window. and drives off into the sun set.

we all have heard many many stories but this one always made me lah.I always thought that a guy could make a living following dubbers around and picking up stuff that they through out.

I am not joking. I can attribute half of my cd collection to dawn hampshier having bad dreams and threw out her entire cd collection of rock and roll.. keep it coming.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

You made some very good points Gentlyferal.

• Dawn
    Dawn

However, I have met some people in my life who absolutely make my skin crawl

Yep - I know what you're talking about exactly! That doesn't mean that the person has "demons" - it just means you you're paying attention (or are more sensative naturally) to forms of communication other than the those we generally rely on for everything (sight, sound, & touch). As a nurse you must have taken some Anthropology classes......remember how animals communicate through smells? We humans have lost a lot of that ability - but I think that some still posess the ability to pick up on what might be called an "auroa" of sorts.

The people I met that made my skin crawl.....I found out later were not very nice people. So when I get that feeling I listen to it - I think it's nature's way of warning you.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Maybe it is a basic psychology thing. Keep the flock in fear of the outside, mysterious world. "After all" they would say" Modern science is ignorent of this, and medicine attributes much of it to mental illnes, but WE know better, thank the Org for protecting us"

It is true that every congo has its share of the ones, usually sisters who are especially sensitive to such things and "Just Know" when things are wrong. Personally I never really bought into it

VICIOUS, DESPERATE WICKED SPIRITS

from Blondies quote. sounds like the line "Tricksy little hobbits" and no more real than LOTR

mind you, a man with whom I once studied gave me an article of clothing. He was a man who always claimed demon attack and had apparently been involved with a white witch. I dumped it pronto and would not take it in the house

and even now, I would not touch a ouija board with a barge pole. Well you cant be too careful ,can you?

• heathen
    heathen

bluesbrother --- BTW I like the handle , wish I woulda thought of it . I'm a big fan of the blues and the movies . I couldn't agree with you more . I look at it like this , if there wasn't anything to it then people would not have an interest in the occult like they do . It would seem that people would just think it a waste of time but they don't , as a matter of fact the occult is becoming a main stream religious activity . I have no interest in any of it .

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Wow! I'd forgotten how paranoid JWs were about their demons. I make a living buying antiques from Estates and selling on line. I'd think after the thousands of items that have passed through my doors over the past few years, there would been at least one little spook sneak in. lol!

I believe many witnesses find it to be entertaining to discuss demons; it actually excites them.

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

When I was growing up just about everything we owned was garage sale and thrift store items. We never had any problems with "demons".

I think that the majority of JW's that have these "demon" problems are just mentaly ill from trying to live the JW life.

Heatmiser

• RonClawson
    RonClawson

Some may be mental but groups also use sound projection devices including electromagnetic ones called "silent sound" to scare people. The cost has come way down on these things.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    It is also surprising that they imagine that a thinking supernatural powerful being would want to reside in a 1970's retro lamp. The very beings who JW's think can enter your home via a television screening of The Excorcist also happen to need dodgy 2nd hand items to transport themselves. LOL! (snip) (We don't have much call to use old lampshades to raise energy... LOL)

ROFLMAO at Sirona!!!

However, I have met some people in my life who absolutely make my skin crawl

Yep - I know what you're talking about exactly! That doesn't mean that the person has "demons" - it just means you you're paying attention (or are more sensative naturally) to forms of communication other than the those we generally rely on for everything (sight, sound, & touch).

Yep, every time I've paid attention to my 'warning flags' I've been right to do so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit