My Grandmother Passed Away :(

by Yizuman 30 Replies latest jw friends

• U.2.K. Tha Greate$t
    U.2.K. Tha Greate$t

"See your grandmother at the resurrection on the last day(John Chapter 5 verse 25,26,28,29)"

"Rejoice ye people on the earth, and weep not cause the time is coming when the dead shall rise up into a paradise of truth and righteousness - u2K aka The Don 1996"

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

{{{ YIZ }}}

I was sorry to hear about your loss, but very happy to know that you had your Grandmother around for a very long time. Thanks for sharing a little of the personal details... it serves to remind me of similiar experience with others who have moved on in their eternal journey. Wonderful memories of her will sustain you throughout your life as the temporary pain you are now feeling passes. My thoughts and prayers go with you at this time.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May peace be with you.

CountryGuy

• nilfun
    nilfun

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your grandmother. I'm so sorry. ((Yizuman)))

• ChimChim
    ChimChim

Im so sorry for your loss. I hope everything wil be okay with you and your family.

C.C

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Thanks everyone and I appreciate all of your kind words.

It's been a very sad day and yet a joyous day that she's entered into God's heavenly glory.

We just got back from the calling hours and alot of people came by who knew her, friends and families. There were flowers everywhere in the viewing room, there were two other lamb dolls besides mine.

One gentleman came by and told me he knew her briefly from when she fell and broke her hip 3 years or so ago and his wife was a nurse caring for her at the time. He came by to visit his wife and that's when he met Banko and he told me that he was profoundly effected by her sweetness and outgoing personality. He never forgotten her until one day he saw her name in the obituary and was shocked to find out she had passed away, so he came by to visit Banko and paid his final respects. I thought it was so neat to hear that from him.

Banko touched so many lives in the past that many came to say goodbye and thank you to Banko.

Here's her obit:

http://www.theheraldbulletin.com/story.asp?id=1260

Pauline M. Scott

Pauline M. Scott

Oct. 1, 1903 — Dec. 29, 2003

ELWOOD — Former Anderson resident Pauline M. Scott, 100, Elwood, died Dec. 29, 2003, at Community Parkview Care Center in Elwood after a brief illness.

She was born Oct. 1, 1903, in rural Madison County. She was a homemaker and formerly worked as a telephone operator in Elwood for several years.

She was the oldest living member of the East Main Street Christian Church in Elwood where she also attended Sunday school. She was a member of the Lafayette Township Homemakers Club for more than 60 years and a 25-year member of the Order of Eastern Star. She was a loyal member of the Democratic Party and was a member of the Farm Bureau. She enjoyed playing euchre, shopping, cooking and working in her flower garden. She had a fondness of farm animals — especially her cats and sheep.

Survivors include a son, Carl (wife, Evangeline) Scott of Elwood; daughter, Barbara (husband, James) Emenhiser of Sharpsville; brother, Harold (wife, Margaret) Groover of Elwood; sister, Edna Scott of Indianapolis; five grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; five great-great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.

She was preceded in death by her parents, Elmer and Molly (Louden) Groover; husband whom she married, Nov. 11, 1922, and who died June 9, 1981, Roy Scott; son, Roy Paul Scott; daughter, Betty Loree Scott; sister, Goldie Browning; and a brother, Estel Groover.

Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Copher-Fesler-May Funeral Home, Elwood, with the Rev. Paul Remick officiating. Burial will be in Elwood City Cemetery.

Visitation will be 2 to 8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. An OES memorial service will be at 7 p.m. Friday.

Contributions may be made to the East Main Street Christian Church through the funeral home.

Online condolences:

copherfeslermay.com

There's a missing piece of information on her obit that I am not seeing from the original copy that I saw on the table.

Banko had 2 brushes with death in her lifetime. One was that while she was a telephone operator as a teenager, a lightening bolt struck where she worked and she became stuck where she was sitting and they had to pry her loose.

The second brush with death was that she stopped what she thought was at the front of the train tracks and turned out her front end was over the tracks and a train took the entire front end off. She has never driven since then, that was when she was in her 40s. So Bank Roy did all the driving for her since.

She had quite an interesting history.

Well, I'm staying at my sister's house for the night and I'll post more info later. I gotta get off since she doesn't want me online for long....

Take care folks!

Yiz

• little witch
    little witch

Yizu,

I am sorry your Grandma passed away, but joyful that she had a long and happy life.

Wow, a century old!

She must have had a lot of interesting stories to tell you over the years!

I hope the funeral goes well, you are in my thoughts and prayers

((((Yizu and Family)))

• acsot
    acsot

Yizuman: my condolences on the death of your grandmother. I'm happy your faith is a strength to you. She must have been quite the remarkable woman, with plenty of stories to tell.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

• Jesika
    Jesika

Yiz................ I am soooooooo sorry.

Love,

Jes

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

My condolences.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit