I'm going to be a father!

by dedalus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• dedalus
    dedalus

Hello All,

I've been a sorry excuse of a poster lately, so I'm not really in tune with what's going on with the board, but I still know enough people here to make an announcement: Foxy, my fiancee, is pregnant!

So it happened a couple of years before we were planning it, before we could even get married, before I've finished my postgraduate degree -- but so what? We're financially sturdy enough to pull it off, I'll be able to complete the degree and get a good job, and no amount of financial anxiety seems to offset the excitement I feel to be having a child. It's something we both wanted in the not-too-distant future anyway.

The only other source of anxiety comes from telling my JW father, something I'm planning to do this evening. Foxy and I wonder if he'll feel compelled to turn me in, this being evidence of premarital you-know-what. I don't care if I get disfellowshipped, really, but I do want him to be happy, despite whatever reservations he holds.

But for this board, and the friends I've made on it -- gather 'round, take a cigar, and thanks for letting me in! If anyone has any, er, "experiences" relevant to my new situation, I'd be grateful to hear them!

Dedalus

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((((((((DED&FOXY))))))))))))))))) let me be the first! wonderful news,luv yas Tina

• outnfree
    outnfree

CONGRATULATIONS! Such very happy news!
    Wishing Dedalus & Foxy and wonderful future and a healthy child!

outnfree
    (woohoo!)

• philo
    philo

That's wonderful news. Happy for you.

Good on you both! And good luck with Pa.

philo

• Mulan
    Mulan

A baby is always a blessing. Don't let anyone take away your joy!! Congratulations to you both.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Congratulations, Dedalus!

• Duncan
    Duncan

Dedalus

Can't tell you how happy I am for you. It's brilliant news.

Having a child is an exciting, half-frightening, life-enhancing, and maturing event. It's also just tons of fun.

It was the knowledge that I was about to become a parent (almost a quarter-century ago now) that finally made me get some focus on my vague misgivings and Get The Hell out of the Watchtower ("no child of mine is ever going to go through..." etc. etc.)

Incidentally, in the last month, I became a grandparent for the first time. So, kind of, all those emotions again.

Once again - Congratulations to you!

Duncan.

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Your fiance!? You aren't married? Have you spoken to the elders about this yet?

LOL

Just kidding dude, congratulations!!!!!!

I'll get the cigars!

• rem
    rem

Dedalus and Foxy,

Congratulations, my man! That is so great. My cousin-in-law just had a baby last weekend and I had my first cigar ever to celebrate. Looks like I'll be enjoying another one soon!

Mrs. Rem and I are so happy for you two. We will keep you in our thoughts, and we will be expecting pictures! :)

I hope the news goes well with your father. I'm sure he will be excited to be a grandfather. Perhaps this will give him a new outlook on things and it will improve your relationship? From my own experience (your mileage may vary) most JW's seem to be pretty realistic about such things and many times are even supportive when a baby is involved. That's what happened with my cousin-in-law and some other family members of mine.

Wishing you two the best! Don't be such a stranger, dad. :D

rem

• LDH
    LDH

Dedalus,

I am so excited for you! I hope your fiance is healthy and takes her FOLIC ACID every day!

I also hope you get to go with her to all of her pre-natal visits to the OB, so far my husband hasn't missed one!

Love to you both,
    Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit