return after being inactive

by brownlove2000 28 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Blondie......my little pretty....how is it you know so much about organisational proceeders? You would have made the best damn looking elder have have ever known I've not ever known a SISTER to know the organisation the way that you do.........your a special one in this regard

Gumby

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Gumby,I agree.If Blondie were the first female on the Governing Body,Watch Out,they would all be disfellowedshipped.The evidence out of their own mouth would be enough to convict them.Let's start with this sundays watchtower study shall we,now notice in my 'comments you will not hear,'you guys don't know what the ??? you are talking about.

Blueblades

• blondie
    blondie

Gumby, I don't know everything, but I'm always learning. I started out here as an eldress you know. My husband was an elder and he tells me everything. Also, elders tended to confide in me because I could keep a secret. Elders have to unload and don't always trust fellow elders and know their wives can't keep a secret (at least they don't want to test it out). But this time I based it on my personal experience and that I confronted them on it. This was their explanation. 30 years of elders' confidences adds up to something.

Blondie (who knows that it can be different from KH to KH, region to region, country to country)

• gumby
    gumby

Blondie,

Perhaps it would be intresting to have a thread such as ' What would the Organisation be like if it were goverened by a female Faithfull Slave Class"? Women have started Organisations in the past and have governed their beliefs such as Ellen White, but it would be intresting to see HOW DIFFERENT it might be, were the dubs to be governed by women. I'd vote for you as President

Gumby

• blondie
    blondie

No, Gumby, no matter who was "in charge" the same thing would have happened, just maybe a little slower.

"I choose not to run for president."

Heard again recently

In case you haven't heard the story about the son who asked his parents for a pony every year, I will tell the shortened version. So harassed by the child every Christmas for a pony, the parents decided this Christmas to play a cruel trick on the son. They purchased a large burlap bag of horse manure and put it under the tree. On Christmas morning, they came downstairs to find him shoveling it into the living room fast and furiously. "What are you doing?" they screamed in horror. "With all this horse manure, there's bound to be a pony in here somewhere," the boy replied.

I know there's no pony.

Blondie

• JT
    JT
    However to simply start attending meetings again, it would take an elder who was a dipshit to quiz somebody who has made the effort to return at least to meetings

"Dipshit" is perhaps the proper terms, but rest assured the Society perfers to have elders who "Probe" as to elders who don't-

it is viewed as protecting the flock

so it depends upou WHO the person is that is coming back-

an older person who due to illness is coming backr or some extremely attractive sister who had a reputation before leaving as being "Frisky"

any "good" elder worth is weight would want to know what activies the person was involved with, there is no ONE RULE , the wt has given eldes ALMOST COMPLETE LEEWAY in this area-

some elders have reputations that are well known thru out the congo and circuit level as an ELDER THAT DON'T PLAY

THAT Type of ref to an elder generally is not in the area of being Concerned, loving,kind and thoughtful

it is always in my exp in the context of a REAL SOCIETY MAN who will roast you for breakfast, lunch and dinner

so all the post are correct in terms of it DEPENDS but the general overall thought is a person needs to plan for the worst and if it doesn't happen be thankful, but the questions can go to any extent that particular BOE feels and there ain't a thing the person can do

in fact if one were to show signs of being insulted by thier line of questioning most elders would veiw this as a sign of guilt or hiding something

YOU WILL NOT BEAT THE SYSTEM

• dustyb
    dustyb

I am actually in the current situation. I've been inactive for the last 2 years (i'm only 19) and my g/f encouraged me on going back to meetings and to get baptized so we can get married in the future. So me being raised in what everyone calls "the troof", i thought that it would be easy coming back. I'd just have to do everything that i didn't want to do again and do what depressed me so much. So I was encouraged by my own mother to study with an elder that we've known for the past 15 years. We went to lunch to discuss, and i told him everything that i thought i knew (what i was taught by the Watchtower). So we did a "bible study". Actually he started reading me baptism questions to see how much i knew about being a Jehovah's Witness. But my g/f told me to do something, something i've never did before, and thats pray to have a humble attitude and to gain knowledge about "the truth". And i guess thats where i'm at right now. I have been doing this for 4 months, while at the same time doing a critial analysis of the Jehovah's Witness movement. Finally i decided that i'd quit studing with the elder for a few weeks because he was asking me all these stupid questions such as you guys mentioned(like fornication, drinking, smoking, more religous questions, etc etc etc etc and the list goes on), and started concentrating fully on my analysis of the watchtower. my g/f indirectly shown me that it was the major source of my depression when i was a kid and later on when i was a teenager. I mean, what kind of bastards teach a child that they have nothign to live for because the end is so near, so they should study their own literature and do "the watchtower gods" works. I could always remember having to miss my saturday morning cartoons because the bastards wanted to teach me how to go into service and preach the "good news of the kingdom". So I'm saying to hell with that. I'm going to go ask the elder about all these false prophecies and the UN and such, then tell him that i no longer wish to be a part of the Jehovah's Witnesses, and tell him that if he influences my girlfriend to not see me i am going to press legal charges. I mean, where the hell does it say in the bible that we have to report all of our conduct behind closed doors to an elder and tell them every detail (yes we messed up, but we didn't have sex, who ********* cares).

Recently I had a few witness boys tell me that they knew "the troof" and there was nothing that could change their minds. So i asked them the question, to share it with me. They started bitchign that i was in the snare of satan(the usual WT coverup) and i didn't know who Jehovah' god was (another coverup) and that i was spiritually weak and i shouldn't listen to anybody or anything thats said negatively about the WT(another coverup, especially covered in the feb 15th watchtower). So ah well, so be it. I don't feel the obligation to continue any further studies with the Jehovah's Witnesses because of such control. I'm not goign to have me and my girlfriend ruled over and ridiculed about our conducts now and in the future after we exchange vows.

I feel better :D

dustin

Moderator: Post has been edited for breaking posting guidelines.

• wednesday
    wednesday

U are so young, and smart. Run for your life. If your GF will not follow, i know it is cold, but find another one. Better u get out now, than 30 yrs from now realize u wasted your life.

weds

• gumby
    gumby

Welcome Dustin,

Nice to hear you share.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit