I hope Armageddon doesn't come before the new Star Wars movie comes out

by Zoos 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Zoos
    Zoos

Ever had this thought about an upcoming movie?

And then I would feel guilty for putting my entertainment desires ahead of God's kingdom.

Shameless!

• cappytan
    cappytan

Oh man, when I heard about the prequels back in the 90's I said that. "1999? 2002? 2005? The new system will be here by then. WHYYYYYYYY?!?!?"

Of course then I saw the Prequels and because of Jar Jar, I wished Armageddon had come so I wouldn't have been so disappointed with George Lucas adulteration of my childhood dreams.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I worried that ARMAGEDDON would come before "Return of the Jedi" was released.

What was that? 32 years ago?

I think "this system" will still be here when "The Force Awakens" comes out.

CAPPYTAN - same sentiments as you when Phantom came out with the JarJar character. ARMAGEDDON didn't come fast enough!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    give me a break, my friends and i were saying that in the parking lot after seeing empire strikes back.  it makes me sick when i think of all the wasted years.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

That may have been said about Gone With The Wind or Citizen Kane.

We can't really ask anyone that might have had those fears.........they're dead.

Doc

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

I suspect that George Lucas read the old "Babylon the Great has Fallen!" book, ate a pepperoni pizza to cure a hangover, then came up with the Star Wars idea.  I mean, there are too many similarities between Star Wars concepts and WT lore such as:

Jedi Council- Governing Body

The Force- Holy Spirit

Sith Lord- Satan

Empire- King of the North

Republic- King of the South (iron and clay toes of the Daniel image)

Light Saber- Sword of the truth

Jedi Knight- Kingdom publisher

Padawan Learner- Bible student

Armageddon- Galactic Death Star battle

Please tell me that I'm not the only one that sees this. 

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    lol.. I really used to think about that when I was growing up since we had to wait like 3 years in between them.  Now I feel the same way but instead its "I hope I don't die before the sequel trilogy is completed"   screw Armageddon.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I was convinced the big A would come before i turned 18 so i would then have to live with my parents longer. I am now almost 50.
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    HaHa!  We totally were hoping that Armageddon would not come before the second movie!  Our hopes and dreams exactly!
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

Funny post.

I have thought that about reality shows and movies for about 15 years - "Hope Armageddon doesn't come before ... "

We're such idiots.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit