The Feb1st WT article minimus was talking about - scans

by dmouse 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dmouse
    dmouse
    They're saying the prophecy is possibly fulfilled of "peace and security and then sudden destruction" in the year 1986 when world leaders dubbed that year as the "year of peace". The Feb.1st Watchtower mentions that just as a pregnant woman over 9 months gradually has signs of a baby's growth in the womb, so too, we may have a fulfillment of Bible prophecy without knowing it fully beforehand UNTIL THE EFFECTS AND RESULTS become obvious. My mother read excerpts of the WT. article to me and she sdaid a number are buzzing over this in the congregation. [minimus]

Sorry, my sources are a bit slow at the minute. Anyway, here are the scans of the article minimus mentions above.

• dmouse
  • dmouse
  • badboy
    badboy

2520-607=1913.

Was there a year ZERO?

• dmouse
  • dmouse
  • minimus
    minimus

Well, 1st of all thanks for putting that up! It seems to me that the Society is suddenly trying to explain in JCanon style how easy and obvious it is that 1914 is absolutely true. They're trying to get people to believe in their formulas by reprinting the dumb 607bce stuff again. Someone at writing must've said, "Hey guys, I just found this in the vault. Let's recycle this again.".

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I haven't been to a meeting for a while, or read any of the literature. Reading this article brought back waves of nausea.

I now know that I could never sit through another meeting. I would want to stand up and scream.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It looks like the only change is that they are not beating the "generation" drum anymore. I think they are going to let that one slowly drift off into memory.

• City Fan
    City Fan

The writers of these articles once again stress all that's bad in the world, drug abuse, crime rates, spiralling inflation??, terrorism, etc, etc..

Wouldn't it be great to transport these Watchtower writers to 14th century Europe for a week and see which time period they'd then prefer to live in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit