Fake publisher card

by floridaborn 14 Replies latest jw friends

• floridaborn
    floridaborn

So I've been a lurked on this site for about 15 years, thank goodness for dial up internet...

Anyway my fade has been working off and on for that long but my whole family is still in including my kid.

At this point I have started dating a worldly person. He is wiling to put onthe facade of being a witness so I don't have to lose my family. But I have the type of family that will call the cong and ask for his publisher record, I come from a long line of higher ups in the cong.

Is there a way to say he moved around a lot and doesn't know where his cards are? Or is there any other way around this?

Than you!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

You have been here for 15 years and have never uttered a word . Wow I am amazed.

The scenario you speak is almost impossible. Unless there is some major , intense education for this "wordly" person you are dating. He's got some serious catching up to do to pass as a brother. I don't see how you could pull this off.

• steve2
    steve2

floridaborn, welcome. Oh what a web you want to weave in order to deceive your JW family! You are so under their control that you have asked your new non-Witness date to pass himself off as a Witness. He sounds long-suffering - but I wonder what he must be thinking about: "What have I got myself into?!" would surely have crossed his mind. You suspect your family will call the congregation to ask for his publisher record. What a way to begin a new relationship!

If your family are as suspicious as you imply, it won't be long before your little act of juvenile deception is uncovered and you're back to square one by having to let this new man go.

Me thinks you are on a hiding to no where.

There's an old phrase that comes to my mind when I read your post: "Come back when you are ready to cut the silly crap with your family".

• rebel8
    rebel8

I think you'd need several co-conspirators, one to make the fake documents and others to answer mail or phone contacts from the recipients.

Doing some workaround for this seems like something you'd watch on TV, like a retired spy or cop who secretly helps people in unconventional ways.

We need an xjw Equalizer!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Whether he is a "worldly person" or a zealous Dub, you cannot just date him. Chaperone required, and no sleeping under the same roof.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

BOEs don't just hand over publisher record cards because a family even a "higher up" family wants to see them. Other than telling your family the truth and to mind their own business it's time to cut the umbilical chord.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I would suggest that instead of having him try to "pass" as a genuine JW ( a task just a bit harder than getting an Aborigine to pretend to be an Eskimo), it would be far easier for him to pretend to be a seeker of truth who is convinced -- ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, INCONTROVERTABLY, CONVINCED --that he has found IT.

Then he will have to submit to a free home Bible Study -- AND he will have to show signs of "making rapid progress in The Trooth," attending and participating at all meetings, etc., and continually "reaching out for additional privileges of service".

Only ONE of TWO things can go wrong --

1). He may actually become a witness after being so thoroughly BRAINWASHED,

--OR--

2) He may run screaming over the horizon, ne'er to be seen again!

Who says "Honesty is the best policy"?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hi floridaborn. Well done on successfully fading for 15 years, many forum members are trying to do that. I don't know if that will work, haven't been a JW for nearly 30 years. Don't worry about things that might not happen I would suggest. Enjoy your life with your new man.

• smiddy
    smiddy

wannaexit ,maybe you can understand where I was comming from. just saying.

floridaborn ,I see you have been lurking on this site for 15 years and joined 3 years ago and now only posted just recently.

I`m not sure what to say , except your a very cautious person .and as wannaexit says "I too am amazed " lurking for 15 years ? and only just posting ?

However ,getting back to your post ,your obviously not a teenager but an adult and want a relationship with the opposite sex .and are scared of losing your family if they find out your dating a worldly person .

You need to identify what will make you happy in this short life that you have on earth. .( reality check)

Do you want to do what pleases your family and makes them happy and you miserable ?

or do you want to do what makes YOU happy for the rest of your short life here on this earth.

I hope you think about this and make the right decision for you

It is your choice and nobody else`s

• Miss Worldly
    Miss Worldly

Really floridaborn? You really think you partner could pass himself off as JW? Really?

I'm sorry, but I think you need to find another way. You will get rumbled, then what? I honestly think it better to continue your fade and find some other way out.

I'm only saying this as a 'worldly' person. Save yourself extra grief, find another way, it won't work.

Much love & best wishes, Miss W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit