Double the fun - out in more ways than one

by Mysterious 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I thought I'd update. Today we got back from holidays and I decided to tell mom I'm gay. Dad got her to stop packing and sit down long enough to talk to her and I told her. Can't say as I ever predicted that reaction. I've shocked a few people before but never quite to the extent of total deadpan, which is what it was. No emotion, nothing. I got the usual questions, the how do you know, are you in a relationship type. And the usual rebuttals, the you're too young to know, the media has corrupted your opinion type. After which she said she didn't want to talk about it anymore and walked out. She bustled around doing chores for a while and is now watching tv. Leaving me to wonder exactly what the hell just happened and is going to happen.

Today also marking the death knell of my days with the Watchtower. Expect another bout of fun later when she tries to get me to do the bible reading or go to the Tuesday meeting. I'm hoping nothing will have to be said and her comment about "giving up my entire future" was code speak for "screwing yourself over by leaving the Watchtower".

I would say more but I really haven't a clue what is going on right now.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

CONGRATULATIONS!

(if I was an idiot and spelled that wrong, it's OK to laught)

Since I do not pray, I'll have to settle for sending positive energy your way. You are in the midst of creating your life-enjoy it fully.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Being a pagan I'll take energy over prayer any day. Though I've been known to accept prayers too.

I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop or something, not really sure what she's going to do or say or react.

• Poztate
    Poztate

I am Myterious's Dad. I have to say it was a god awful time when we tried to express what was happening to "my girl." The bottom line for my wife was that my girl "chose" this way of life. We tried to explain that that was not how it happened. Unless you have had your head under a rock for the last 20 years or better you know it is not something you choose, IT just happens. Do you choose to be left handed... do you choose to have blue eyes, red hair etc. MY wife was a rock... a brick... no emotion... For the first time in my life I hated my wife for what she had become because of the WT society. She was no longer human because of WT policies. I hope things can change and I hope soon or else we will just be 2 more casualties of the new world society. MAY IT REST IN PEACE SOON

GOD I HATE THEM

Edit: Spelling corrected courtesy of Mysterious.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Poztate, Mysterious... I'm sorry to hear about all the stress and uncertainty you're going through. But I think you can really be proud of your daughter, Poz, for standing up for herself.

Best wishes to you both.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Wow Mysterious I'm really impressed with your courage that took a lot and I'm sure you feel a great sence of relief regardless of the lack of responce you got from your Mom.

Poztate you are a great Dad and a wonderful human being!

MY wife was a rock... a brick... no emotion... For the first time in my life I hated my wife for what she had become because of the WT society.She was no longer human because of WT policys.

Give her time I'm sure it will take a while for the shock to wear off. Continue to be a source of support for your daughter and who knows maybe by your example she will come to accept the lovely person you've raised and love her regardless. I surely do hope that is the outcome for your family.

Hang in there you both have a lot to be proud of!

Kate

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

bikerchic, yeah I'd have to say that's one of the hardest things I've had to do in my life. Though I have to admit I handled it better than when I came out to poor Poztate.

I just really don't know what to do now, or how to react or anything. It's very weird. Also very weird to think that I'm totally out now and I don't have to bother hiding anything.

• avishai
    avishai

Congratulations & blessed be, Mysterious!!!!

• Poztate
    Poztate

Thanks Euphemism,

It's a shitty time we are going through right now.I hope we can make it out the other side.The problem is the borg.They grind out people and spit them out without ever giving a shit as to what is happing to them.

My girl and I WILL make it out the other side and I will live to spit on the face of all those religious hipocrites.SOON

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I don't have anything really intelligent to say, but I just wanted to send my support. Hang in there.

SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit