Why act ashamed?

by CruithneLaLuna 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

AnnOMaly... I kind of agree with you and kind of disagree.

If a person gets up there and says: "Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult, and you're all being brainwashed!", I think that would be undignified and unloving.

OTOH, if the speaker did something like what Little Toe did, giving a straightforward biblical discourse, and concluding by announcing their resignation, I don't see what's wrong with that.

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

Reading the outline isn't quite like hearing the whole talk, I'm sure, but very impressive. (The outline was reposted into the thread by anewperson, second page of thread, about 2/3 of the way down.)

In spite of advice given by other posters, I couldn't find Little Toe's Website. Maybe it's down, or was removed?

Ross / Little Toe, do you happen to have a tape of the talk that you'd be willing to share with those who would pay the cost of postage?

Cruithne

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I missed this thread - someone drew it to my attention...

I'm currently in the process of moving my website, but the old one can be found here:
    http://www.angelfire.com/trek/littletoe/Profile.html

When I'm finished it should carry a link to the new one.
    (There's not much bandwidth at the old one, so downloading the soundfile is limited)

I just want to add that it really isn't the way to go for most.
    There are excellent articles on "fading" on this site, with Amazing and ExpatBrit having written some excellent material.

It caused immense disruption to my family, and my relationship with my wife hasn't been the same since.
    I was placed in the position of feeling I pretty much had to do it, given my convictions and my profile in the Scottish region of the borg. They'd never have left me alone, but this ensured that.

That having been said, it did give me a level of closure.
    Rebuilding my life has been a slow process, but this site has really contributed to it.
    I love you guys, especially those I've been able to meet in person.

Ashamed? Heck, no!!!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Thanks LittleToe for posting the link. I couldn't find it either. Every situation is different and at least with the way you did it (quite tastefully), the whole congregation got to know what you were doing and why, instead of it happening secretly behind closed doors, where no-one in the congregation would get to know anything thereby kick-starting the rumor mill.

Interesting experience!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((LittleToe))))))

I had no idea of your exit story. You truly are a brave soul. The Gethsamene prayer is a prayer that I've prayed several times and amazed at the level of peace it brings. I should do it more often. LOL! As silly as it sounds, I am proud of you. It takes so much courage to stand up in the face of that type of opposition. You did good!

God be with you,

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit