Tacking??? WHAT???

by VeniceIT 12 Replies latest jw friends

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Dammit emyrose!! I was just going to say that. Oh well.

Anyway, I read that on your site this afternoon and I thought that the tacking article was fantastic!!!!!! I liked the "wind" quotes from the Watchtower too!

Good Job, now bring me my slippers!

Slipnslidemaster: I thought you said your dog doesn't bite? That isn't my dog!

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

*Venice, u are turning into Norm, Kent, Farkel, AlanF, etc!!!*

WOW WOW WOW!!!! that's all I can say, it is truly and honor to be mentioned among some of the Apostate greats!! HAHHAH thanks!! umm I'll see what I can do Emy.

Ven
    *chucks slippers at Slips head*

• larc
    larc

Emy,

In 1959, they changed from believing the higher powers of Romans 13 were the governments to believing it was Jehovah and Jesus. They even called the previous belief a "false doctrine". (1) Just four years later in 1963, they changed it back again to what they believed before 1959 (2). I believe there were changes back and forth before this, but I don't have the references. Someone who has the old literature on CD may be able to find these.

They also contradict their "tacking" analogy. "It is a serious matter to represent God and Christ in one way, then find that our understanding of the major teachings and fundamental doctrines of the Scriptures was in error, and then after that, to go back to the very doctrine that by years of study, we had thoroughly determined to be in error. Christiians cannot be vacillating - 'wishy-washy' - about such fundamental teaching. What confidence can one put on the sincerity of judgement of such persons."

1. Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose, 1959, p. 91.
    2. Babylon the Great Has Fallen, 1963, p. 548.
    3. The Watchtower, May 15, 1976, p. 298.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit