JWFacts is incorrect about "Holy Spirit". Do YOU know about the 40 or so years the WT taught there was NO holy spirit?

by Bad_Wolf 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Interesting that besides hour requirements, pioneers also had return visit and study requirements, a minimum number. It's very telling this doesn't exist today. That just wouldn't work, seeing as much of pioneers time nowadays is made with filler like sitting at carts, driving around, construction or other non-field service that can be counted, etc.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Wow bad wolf how in hell did we all miss THAT ! GOOD FIND!!

Of course Its darned illogical by jw theology, since they believe holy spirit is Jehovah's force, how could it not exist/or go away ?? Rutherford clearly didn't think it through. What an ego that guy had! Reminds me of those western-style Snanke oil salesmen.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    Because when Jesus was with his apostles they didn't have it, but when Jesus left, he told them he would send the teacher, the holy spirit. So since Jesus is back, there is no holy spirit anymore

Thats a Valid point

However the whole argument of this is Just hypothetical, similar to :

Santa clause brings Christmas cheer in the month of December. After Christmas, Santa leaves his spirit for the people, so that they can cheer up, all until next december.

• pixel
    pixel

Thing is that Jesus has not come yet.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Rutherford said that the holy spirit did not direct the organization. Maybe we should take him at his word.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The Holy Spirit was a testator and was numbered as a witness of Jesus:

This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

The three are ONE in Christian theology, but not physically one. Jesus prayed to the Father concerning the Twelve: "...that they may be ONE, even as WE are ONE." It's a oneness of purpose. But for the Holy Spirit to be a witness and be able to testify (as, say, in a court of law), He would have to have an identity.

To say He is an "active force" -- like electricity -- and nothing more, it wouldn't make sense.

• deegee
    deegee

Yes, I remember that they used to teach that only the GB has the Holy Spirit to direct them then sometime during the 1990s they changed that to claim that all JWs have access to the Holy Spirit, it directs all JWs.

Specifically, I remember the change being mentioned during a WT study and I was taken aback by it as I recalled that all along they insisted that only the GB had the Holy Spirit. This was one of the changes that sparked the beginning of my awareness of their doctrinal flip-flops.

• atomant
    atomant

Rutherford forgot to tell his salesman that the holy spirit overlaps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit