South Beach Diet

by Mulan 23 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

my hairdresseer, just 40, went on Atkins for 9 months, and lost 65# but also ended up with kidney stones and had to have her Gallbladder removed. The diet is high in fat and protein, something not all of us can handle. SB is better, b/c it has leaner protein, and less fat. But care is needed bc it still has a lot of protein. Too much protein is not good for your kidneys.

• IWasDuped
    IWasDuped

I went on this diet about 4 months ago...lost 10 lbs the first two weeks. My hubby lost 15 lbs. We didn't cheat once!!! After Phase 1, we went to Phase 3 to maintain what we lost. Four months later, we haven't gained a pound back. In my opinion, the diet helps to focus on better healthy choices. It is definitely something we will try to stick to.

Good luck, Mulan! :)

• Scully
    Scully

bikerchic writes:

I was listening to Dr. Phil's diet show the other day and his diet seems to be very much like the Southbeach one. Does anyone know anything about Dr. Phil's diet?

I have his book The Ultimate Weight Solution, and also just bought The Ultimate Weight Solution Food Guide. I haven't compared it to the South Beach Diet, but what Dr. Phil is promoting is not "a diet", but rather a complete lifestyle makeover. He says that "a diet is something you go on, which eventually you go off". He also addresses psychological issues that a lot of diets tend to ignore, and provides quizzes and written exercises to help a person figure out what their motivation is for losing weight, their readiness to make permanent lifestyle changes, and so on. The book discusses Seven Keys to Permanent Weight Loss.

Key One: Right Thinking - Unlock the Door to Self-ControlKey Two: Healing Feelings - Unlock the Door to Emotional ControlKey Three: A No-Fail Environment - Unlock the Door to External ControlKey Four: Mastery Over Food and Impulse Eating - Unlock the Door to Habit Control Key Five: High-Response Cost, High-Yield Nutrition - Unlock the Door to Food Control
    Key Six: Intentional Exercise - Unlock the Door to Body Control
    Key Seven: Your Circle of Support - Unlock the Door to Social Control

You can check out the menu plan for the first few days of the Rapid Start plan here. (It's in PDF format.)

There are some links on this page in PDF format for four weekly menus, plus a week's worth of vegetarian menus.

Hope this helps,
    Love, Scully

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Thanks Princess for all the info.......I think I'll just change the way both Craig and I eat and never tell him he's dieting, lol course he'll loose a ton of weight fast and I'll slowly loose, but hey when it's gone who cares?

scully I totally agree with Dr. Phil's objective of making it a life style change! I will definately get that book and thanks for the info I've checked it out and the reciepes seem very doable to me. Very helpful!

Hugs!

Kate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit