The new trinity - Jehovah, His Word and His Organization

by truthseeker 17 Replies latest jw friends

• little witch
    little witch

Yes... The dubs replace the Holy Ghost with the Org. .

They make the Trinity out to be odd and mysterious, but use the Christian understanding in a different way to mean the same thing.

God= three.

The Father, The Son, and The Org....

All that seperates this huge (?) illusion is Christians believe in the Father Son and Holy Ghost.

The dubs teach that there is the Father( from the old testament) the son, and the force.

In other words, they replace human governance with the power of the Holy Ghost.

This to me is still a trinity, only a replacement to the biblical understanding.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

In the early 80's, when I was a translator in the French Bethel, I remember I was shocked that the "Holy spirit" was substituted by the "organization" in the two questions for baptism. I could see the inner "logic" only too well (the Spirit is given to the Anointed who are represented by the Governing Body which leads the Organization), but it meant a kind of closure very similar to what was criticized in the Roman Catholic church. The Word of God enclosed into the Bible, the Spirit of God enclosed into the Org. Blondie's trinity seems formally different since the Spirit and organization are distinct -- so I don't think it is a conscious construction. However, when the Org. is included in any way into the "functional Godhead" the result is the same...

• Narkissos
  • heathen
    heathen

That's a good point littlewitch. I was never baptized by the org. so do not have first hand knowlege of them adding the obedience to the org. in their ceremony . It is wrong and leaves them in a possition of playing God . I know they do claim that the holy spirit is only channeled thru the society but I still can't see why the replacement of holy spirit for the org. I could never let the fly.

• blondie
    blondie
    Blondie has more intelligence than all the GB combined

That's not too hard to do after all, I am a woman, truthseeker.

I enjoy using the WTS' own words to disprove what they teach. Most times their actions disprove what they say/print.

Blondie

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Blondie, I too can see that you are the truthseeker. Do you own an entire library of the literature and I do suppose u use the CD Roms.?

How do u optain the latest information, do you go an get the latest books or magizines etc. at the Kingdom Hall or what.

I thought all of you wrote some very interesting approaches to the Society's Trinity, as you called it. I never realized that before but now that it is shown to me I see your right.

• God
    • written word
    • organization
    • Wow

Orangefatcat.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I did a search on the WT CD with the three words "word spirit organization" and a sentence scope. It returned 408 hits from the watchtower. All of the results are similare to this:

w01 6/1 p. 27 Joyous and Thankful Despite Heartbreaking Loss ***

his Word, organization, and spirit

w01 11/15 p. 13 Jehovah Shows Us How to Count Our Days ***

Jehovah guides us by means of his Word, his spirit, and his organization

w98 7/15 p. 31 Do You Have "an Obedient Heart"? ***

Therefore, let us gladly accept the assistance our heavenly Father provides through his Word, his spirit, and his organization

w97 1/15 p. 6 Messengers of Godly Peace Assemble ***

Jehovah has given us his Word, his spirit, and his organization to assist us

*** w96 6/15 p. 11 Mounting Up With Wings Like Eagles ***

Jehovah strengthens us through his Word, his spirit, and his organization

*** w95 2/15 p. 16 Saved Alive Through the Great Tribulation ***

Jehovah has provided what we need by means of his Word, his holy spirit, and his visible organization

*** w94 5/1 p. 9 Sing Praises to Jehovah ***

He is also the Giver of all the spiritual blessings that come to us through his spirit, his organization, and his Word

*** w93 6/1 p. 21 What Does It Take to Make You Happy? ***

. Instead, he reproves them by means of his Word and his spirit-directed organization

*** w92 9/15 Jehovah?s Spirit Leads His People ***

Why follow the direction of Jehovah?s Word, spirit, and organization

*** w91 2/15 p. 29 You Are Invited to the "Lovers of Freedom" District Convention ***

Jehovah God has provided help by means of his inspired Word, by means of his holy spirit, and by means of his visible organization

*** w89 7/15 p. 23 ?But I Do Not Love Jehovah!? ***

Yes, restoration is possible through the working of Jehovah?s spirit, the application of his Word, and renewed cooperation with his organization

*** w88 1/15 p. 26 A Convention That Increased Our Trust in Jehovah ***

Through Jehovah?s Word, his holy spirit, and his organization, God provides what we need to progress to "a full-grown man

• scary21
    scary21

Thought this was interesting. Has anything changed in 9 yrs ? Jesus is still missing !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit