The new trinity - Jehovah, His Word and His Organization

by truthseeker 17 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

The new Trinity - Jehovah, His Word, and His Organization

How many of you have heard this phrase used before?

More often than not, you will hear some CO use this, as he describes the 'spiritual paradise.'

What do you think is missing? Jesus of course.

But, in discussing with a friend who feels they are trapped in the organization, they say they'll stay in because they 'still want to serve Jehovah.'

Now tell me, has Jehovah manifested himself as the Watchtower Society?

I know Jehovah said that he would make man in his image, but I never thought it went as far as representing himself on earth with an image of an organization.

It appears more and more, that dubs can't separate Jehovah God from the organization. They appear to be one and the same thing.

Is that a trinity or what?

Faithful dubs think that Jehovah IS the organization, and that the 'real' Jehovah who resides in heaven is just another manifestation of himself.

An earlier post mentioned the Watchtower tyranny, and how the dubs are prisoners of a concept, including the GB.

This is so true. Even when doubting dubs are confused by what they see as changing doctrine, child abuse scandals, and failed prophecies, they still cling to the organization.

"And everyone calling on the name of the Watchtower will be saved"

• little witch
    little witch

An excellent point TruthSeeker

They sure do worship their own "trinity".

I find it easier and more acceptable to explain the Christian version of the trinity,

than trying to explain the dubs version.

A major obstacle to converts....The trinity (as understood by christians is not nearly as difficult)

• blondie
    blondie

I've mentioned to watch for "trinities" in the WT articles in my reviews. Another one is God's Word, the holy spirit, and the organization.

*** w96 7/15 p. 20 Maintain Unity in These Last Days ***

As the body needs food, care, and direction, we need the spiritual provisions that God gives us through his Word, spirit, and organization.

*** w96 11/1 p. 14 Sharing the Comfort That Jehovah Provides ***

What an important lesson we can learn from this! All members of the Christian congregation need to "share the comfort" that God provides through his Word, his holy spirit, and his earthly organization.

*** w01 6/1 p. 27 Joyous and Thankful Despite Heartbreaking Loss ***

My heart overflows with thankfulness, and it makes me love Jehovah so much when I see the kind of people his Word, organization, and spirit have produced!

*** w01 11/15 p. 13 Jehovah Shows Us How to Count Our Days ***

Jehovah guides us by means of his Word, his spirit, and his organization

*** w98 7/15 p. 31 Do You Have "an Obedient Heart"? ***

Therefore, let us gladly accept the assistance our heavenly Father provides through his Word, his spirit, and his organization.

*** w97 1/15 p. 6 Messengers of Godly Peace Assemble ***

Jehovah has given us his Word, his spirit, and his organization to assist us.

*** w96 6/15 p. 11 Mounting Up With Wings Like Eagles ***

As Max discovered, Jehovah strengthens us through his Word, his spirit, and his organization.

*** w96 7/15 p. 20 Maintain Unity in These Last Days ***

As the body needs food, care, and direction, we need the spiritual provisions that God gives us through his Word, spirit, and organization.

*** w96 11/1 p. 14 Sharing the Comfort That Jehovah Provides ***

All members of the Christian congregation need to "share the comfort" that God provides through his Word, his holy spirit, and his earthly organization.

*** w95 2/15 p. 16 Saved Alive Through the Great Tribulation ***

To that end, Jehovah has provided what we need by means of his Word, his holy spirit, and his visible organization

*** w94 5/1 p. 9 Sing Praises to Jehovah ***

He is also the Giver of all the spiritual blessings that come to us through his spirit, his organization, and his Word.

*** w93 6/1 p. 21 What Does It Take to Make You Happy? ***

Today, God does not speak to his servants directly as he did to Job. Instead, he reproves them by means of his Word and his spirit-directed organization

*** w92 9/15 Jehovah?s Spirit Leads His People ***

Why follow the direction of Jehovah?s Word, spirit, and organization?

*** w91 2/15 p. 29 You Are Invited to the "Lovers of Freedom" District Convention ***

Jehovah God has provided help by means of his inspired Word, by means of his holy spirit, and by means of his visible organization

*** w89 7/15 p. 23 ?But I Do Not Love Jehovah!? ***

Yes, restoration is possible through the working of Jehovah?s spirit, the application of his Word, and renewed cooperation with his organization.

*** w88 1/15 p. 26 A Convention That Increased Our Trust in Jehovah ***

Through Jehovah?s Word, his holy spirit, and his organization, God provides what we need to progress to "a full-grown man,"

*** w88 1/15 p. 29 A Convention That Increased Our Trust in Jehovah ***

The speaker discussed 13 of these, among which are Jehovah?s name, his Word, his holy spirit, his laws, his visible organization, our relationship with God, our meetings, and our privileges of service.

*** w86 12/1 p. 23 Gilead Missionaries?Devoted to One Purpose ***

Those who show a willingness to be guided by Jehovah God through his Word, his spirit, and his organization will be able to maintain a right mental attitude.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Incredible Blondie. I had no idea that phrase has been used so extensively, even in past publications. To me, it seems to be repeated more and more in recent times. You sure do your research!

And the GB have the nerve to define what a cult is, giving devotion to a person/group - what do they think about themselves?

I also enjoy your weekly WT review. The WT conductor gives us the lines, you give us what's between the lines

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I forgot to mention, but in all your quotes Blondie, isn't it incredible that the Son of God, Jesus Christ, is NOT MENTIONED EVEN ONCE!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

But I thought they also called themselves CHRISTIANS -- mmm guess I will have to think about that one

• little witch
    little witch

Truthseeker,

Blondie posts regular here. Her info comes straight from the wt lit, and tends to debunk the dogma/theology of the watchtower.

Read up on her posts....She is genuine and uses only the societies literature as critique.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

little witch - apologies for any misunderstanding. I regularly read blondies WT prestudy's - their masterfully done.

Blondie has more intelligence than all the GB combined

• little witch
    little witch

Truth,

Yep....Misread...so sorry!

• heathen
    heathen

Interesting topic . The holy trinity as defined by just about all orthodox christian religionists is that jesus was the father, son and holy spirit all combined into one being of God almighty . I think what the society is trying to convey here is that the organization represents the body of christ in that jesus is using them to refine the word of God . It does not sound like the same sort of thing to me .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit