How old is your "soul"?

by obiwan 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• obiwan
    obiwan

I think I have mentioned this before, but I'm curious. My girlfriend and I had a discussion with some friends about how old they felt thier souls were. For myself, I have the feeling with alot of things in life that I have done them before. Sort of the been there done that feeling. Very little surprises me, and most things I firgure out seem matter of fact to me. But when it comes to other people on the same issues, it's very surprising to them on what I have figured out or how I figured it out. So I feel that I have an old soul, not to be confused with a wise soul.

So, what are your opinions on the state of your soul? Do you think you still have far to go in your journey? Or, do you think you are just starting to head down the road?

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Obiwan, I have heard people discuss this.

"You have an old soul" or something to that effect.

Personally, I guess as I have 'been there, done that' scenario more than a few times, I guess my cumulative experiences add up to my ability to not sweat the small stuff, and/or, see something that appears to be a big issue for one person, but merely rolls off my back.

Now, I wasn't always like that, oh no. But as we live, and live a year extra here and there, we accumulate more and more 'life experiences'.

If you think it's good now Obiwan, let me tell ya.....it does get better. Oh yeah!

Being 40, it's awesome!

I hate wearing reading glasses, which I occasionally forget to wear, but aside from that, the wisdom one acquires through their own experiences, turns one into an 'old soul' of sorts.

Great post. No grey hair yet on Rayzorblade, but.....I think the wisdom is in my beard/facial hair. Go figure?!

Take care Obiwan.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I think I have a soul that has just recently acquired some maturity. I probably have a long way to go, but I don't know how many times I will have to go around as a human. Maybe not too many more.

I have this idea that my next step will be on to bigger things, not better, but more responsibility - because of my experiences with the abuse of authority in this life. So I've learned the importance of mercy and of being kind and not rule-oriented. Dunno, God seems to be training me up for something.

CZAR

• alias
    alias

Coming into adolescence... in this life, anyway.

:)

• JH
    JH

Nothing surprises me either Lewis. I must be getting old.

<--------------------

• Mulan
    Mulan

My brother and I have discussed genetic memories quite a lot. He believes in reincarnation, and leans toward Buddhism. We agree we have no startling memories of past lives, but wonder if we have a genetic "chip" somewhere that makes us remember things that didn't really happen to us, but happened to our ancestors.

We both feel very comfortable in hot climates, and our ancestors were from Ireland and England, so I am not sure exactly what that means, but several of our ancestors were indentured servants in both Barbados and Jamaica, who eventually served out their service and came to New England. That was in the 1600's. Neither of us have been to the Caribbean, but we both love tropical climates and he has a real connection to India, where he has done a lot of business.

As to the age of our soul? Couldn't guess.

'

• dh
    dh

how long is a piece of string if you tie the ends together

dh'

• obiwan
    obiwan

how long is a piece of string if you tie the ends together

dh'

As long or as short as you want it to be.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Both of my grandmothers told me, when I was just a wee girl, that I had a very old soul. I didn't understand what they meant then, but now I think I do.

/<

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I am a baby. There are some things that simply cannot shock or surprise me, but in general, I tend to look upon the world with amazement and wonder.

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit