Where is everyone? 😆

by MissDaSilva 25 Replies latest jw friends

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

I had a day off today and needed to get some errands done in my local town.

2 carts have allocated here but I never ever see anyone out, even on very nice days.

70% of the congregation don’t work. I’d say 150 publishers.

Lazy, discouraged or woken up I wonder?

I think the organisation is losing its loyal followers.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

I ponder that too. When I was in I constantly met people everywhere from the congregations/ circuits/districts I knew.

Now I see nobody - perhaps they see me first and avoid me....😢😢😢😂

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We live in a major metro area but never see a JW Cart. I hear they are manned on 2-hour shifts nearby the most noteworthy area tourist attractions.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Not sure whether you've been under a rock lately, but they dropped the hourly reporting requirement a few months ago. Nobody except for the true believers are going out anymore and even the latter are taking it a bit easier.

That means a congregation of 150 went from 1500 hours (minimum 10h/publisher) a few years ago to perhaps 50 or 100 hours (10% of their original) and a lot of that is probably parents studying with their kids, or pioneers driving around and doing studies/return visits.

That's like a medium sized restaurant downsizing from a full staff to just a waiter and a cook and wondering why it takes long to get a drink refill.

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

Aaaah, I forgot about that. Stupid me. 🤣

The pressure is off the worker bees.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The waters of Babylon are drying up! Praise God.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was astounded they made this move, no more hours to report for most J.W's, but it moves even further away the legal liability of J.W's being Agents of the Org.

But it may hasten the demise of the Org. What incentive is there to try to make converts in any real way ? what incentive for young men to "reach out" ? and how do they signal they are doing so ?

May the Org. wither and die soon.

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

All the COs are reporting back to Bethel that the love of the greater number has cooled off. It really is only the few die hards still going out door to door. People just are not bothering much with anything in the org anymore.

Hardly any young ones staying, if they do they are just hanging on by a thread.

Hardly any brothers wanting to ‘reach out’ as they call it. This can be seen by the amount of sisters doing microphone and other things just because there are more sisters who meet their requirements than brothers.

I heard a story of a die hard Elder who was asked to move where there were not many appointed brothers. He asked who are the young brothers who I can take under my wing and encourage to do more? They couldn’t even find one.

Saturday mornings are all hybrid zoom meetings and the few who go in person don’t actually do any door knocking.

It’s actually relatively easy to stay in JWlite if you want to stay physically in just so you can keep contact with family and friends.

Why not stay physically in but remain JWlite? Inactive or if you want give a thumbs up every now and then which is all that’s needed to remain an active publisher. But whatever you do don’t waste any time or energy for old men of the GB.

But I do want to be there for good friends who are JWs so that over the next few years as the tower falls we can be there for them to soften the blow as they go through all the stages of grief as the organisation crumbles

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ElderBerry - “… I do want to be there for good friends who are JWs so that over the next few years as the tower falls we can be there for them to soften the blow as they go through all the stages of grief as the organisation crumbles.”

A commendable attitude.

Are you confident there’ll actually be enough of those to bother?

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

Yes there are a Vidiot. When you think about it, JWs are some of the best people on Earth. You know they are the most honest and trustworthy people. I know not perfect but Id say the most honest and trustworthy group of any on earth today.

Walking through busy metropolitan areas I see the clothes most people wear today and then I say a load of cart witnessing groups, a few different languages and English cong was there. Made me look and think about those poor misguided souls.

but at the same time I thought they are dressed so presentable and look like such good people

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit