Explaining away the increase in anointed

by lurkernomore 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

In the public talk yesterday, the brother said that the reason we don't want to go to heaven is because we don't perceive heaven. He used Hebrews 5:14 with the phrase "powers of discernment", then referred to the old NWT where it says, "their perceptive powers". I couldn't help but to shake my head. He was right, and even Paul knew that, since there were apparently some back then who didn't want to either. So, he wrote:

I am pressing on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God by means of Christ Jesus. Therefore, let those of us who are mature be of this mental attitude, and if you are mentally inclined otherwise in any respect, God will reveal the above attitude to you. - Phil 3:14,15

Regarding the OP, there's no such thing as number of anointed in relation to anyone else. In relation to? Seriously, where do they get this stuff? Oh, yeah... high control group.... got to explain away the unexplainable.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Regarding the OP, there's no such thing as number of anointed in relation to anyone else. In relation to? Seriously, where do they get this stuff? Oh, yeah... high control group.... got to explain away the unexplainable.

There's so much wrong with the statement that the # of annointed is falling in relation to the increase in publishers.  First, it doesn't really make sense.  Second, the only reasonable measure of the increase to use as a comparison is percentage:

From 2013 to 2014:

Average publishers grew by ~2.2%.  Peak publishers grew by ~3%.  In contrast, the partakers grew by 6.9%, more than double the increase in peak publishers (which we all know is a flawed statistic already) and more than triple the increase seen in average publishers, which is the more useful statistic.  Sure, in absolute terms there were more new publishers than new partakers, but that's an absurd way to compare the growth of two different groups when one group is over 500 times larger than the other to start with.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The only reason my sister perceived heaven, her husband was a abusive jerk. I guess she figured I would rather fly around in heaven then live here on earth with this man. After he slapped her around a few times, she said you know what I have the heavenly hope and when I get there the sh---t will hit the fan...

My poor sister, delusive hope.....

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Since most of the increase is coming from  3rd world countries it may be that those who have converted from a different Christian tradition may be hanging on to a heavenly hope then a paradise earth. 
  • TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

With this growing # of partakers trend, it's no wonder that the GB suddenly got some "new light" about who is the FDS.

They were scared of the angry mob.

"There might be a coup! ....Quick!... To the New Light Revelation Chamber!"

-TE

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

James Mixon - "After he slapped her around a few times, she said you know what I have the heavenly hope and when I get there the sh---t will hit the fan..."

Points for shrewdness and originality.

• pontoon
    pontoon
    Since there is no indication in the bible that 144,000 were needed to rule future mankind before A & E sinned, why the need for all those "kings" now in paradise plan B. Always wondered about that. Guess Jeh and Jesus are into big government and Wat is getting everyone ready with big taxes.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Facts don't really matter when you can just make stuff up to support you beliefs.

How convenient is that!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

pontoon - "Since there is no indication in the bible that 144,000 were needed to rule future mankind before A & E sinned, why the need for all those "kings" now in paradise plan B."

I suspect that - originally - it was a kind of concession to some of the rank-and-file who still nevertheless wanted to "go to heaven" after the WTS decided that "True Christians would live forever on a Paradise Earth" as official JW doctrine.

• Aroq
    Aroq
    What would happen if a group of people came to the memorial, I mean like 25 people, and partook. Isn't there only a small amount passed around? what would they do if it was gone? Taken by the 25 or 30 or whatever it took? would the whole thing come to a screeching halt in order to refill? I've never been to the memorial so I don't know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit