Explaining away the increase in anointed

by lurkernomore 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

So I was just informed by my wife that her grandmother (who's also out) has been told by a 'sister' from her old hall that during their most recent Circuit visit the CO said something along the lines of:

Isn't it faith strengthening that the number of anointed is falling in relation to the increase in publishers?!

• prologos
    prologos

since the remnant of the 144 000 in Rev 14 have to be male virgins, that increase should warm the cockles of the heart of the yet-to-be-wed sisters.

so, does the wt population have now fewer mentally unstable, proportionally, because of the new recruits & ubp kids? 

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Considering that this is now fourth-hand information, ( you, your wife, your wife's granny, and some sister)I still find it plausible that some CO somewhere has said this.

These visits should come with Beware Maximum Shittage alert!

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore
    Lol @ sparrowdown, you know how it is, if it's not been through at least half a congregations worth of people it's not an established fact ;)
  • KateWild
    KateWild

I very much doubt that statement is true, the increase of publishers is negligible. The increase of partakers is noticeable. The fact is the number has been increasing for over ten years and it was only last year that the GB made them redundant.

They have no purpose now.

It's all nonsense!!!

Kate xx

• Listener
    Listener
    It's got JWs talking which is a good thing.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

The whole anointed partakers thing is so weird when viewed objectively.  Not necessarily the doctrine (in my view, there's weirder doctrine in mainstream christianity) but the obsession with tracking it.  It causes otherwise normal (as normal as a jw can be, I guess) people to look at some stat that says 14k people partook, and they instantly thing "why don't they just die!"

When I was a pre-teen and we were going through the revelation book, when we got to the part about the 144k and that there would still be some left when the GT started (this being when the 144k was "evidently" sealed in 1935) I found myself wondering what if someone were to track them all down and kill them.  Could we force god to bring armageddon sooner?  This person would be doing a great kindness to all the JWs who were so eager for the end.  Presuming that this person would be killed at armageddon, wouldn't this be a selfless act? Now, I'll admit that I've always thought about rather morbid things like this, but I've gotta think that if your religion's doctrine makes a kid think about killing 10,000 people, there might be something wrong with it.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    Very good paradox OEJ! Let's plot to kill all of 'em. 
  • Simon
    Simon

I always wondered at the many-more-than-144,000 who had been killed prior to 1914 ... we were supposed to believe that they were not "genuine" even if they died in an arena and yet some old guy who showed up once a year and ate a cookie couldn't be questioned.

The bizarre world of the WTS ...you just couldn't make this stuff up.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

What a joke, the 144000. What the hell will they be doing in heaven?

My sister stared partaking around 1969. I loved my sister but to rule in heaven with God, please. We were new in the borg (the wife and I), we would have family study with her family and my family. Doing the study I notice my sister had problems understanding the articles.

That bothered me, in fact that's when I started questing the borg.

How is it she will rule in heaven when she don't understand the basic teaching of the WT.

She passed a few years back . She told my my brother-in law,(no one knows) don't have me at her funeral, that organization ruin my sister...

The funny part about this, my brother-in-law married her ( my sister) best friend.

Within a year they were married, some hanky panky was going on.

I would hate to be in my brother-law shoes when my sister begin ruling in heaven. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit