Comments You Will Not Hear at the 12-28-03 WT Study

by blondie 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Thanks Blondie!

• blondie
    blondie

Hey min,

The "slave" is an imposter....No such thing....All made up. They started to believe what they invented

Yah, they fooled us too, for too long, but not any more.

Hi Pam, I hope it is more entertaining than anxiety-making. I take it your sister lives at home or gets funds from elsewhere to live on. As to FS, the WTS makes the focus on the publisher?s salvation which is assured whether they try to make any converts or not. It is the difference between receiving a salary and working on commission. (not that I believe in works = salvation)

Just reading about service brings back all that anxiety. I am so glad I don't have to worry about that anymore. I can see the guilt my mom and sister have over service. They never go, but know they should. My sister is even talking about pioneering again (but I think that is so she does not have to get a real job).

Great, Ann and Maverick,

My husband commented at his first service meeting that it was just like a sales meeting, to the PO no less, who choked and tried to deny it.

Show a sincere personal interest in people (

a sale depends upon it) Select an appealing product to discuss Lay the groundwork for each successive visit (be sure to give them a sample ) Keep thinking about the person after you leave ( to figure out how to sell them new things ) Return soon, perhaps in a day or two in order to follow up the interest ( and keep them focused on the product ) Keep in mind that your objective is to promote brand loyalty or repeat business Pray that the interest grow s ( enough so that they also want to take advantage of this wonderful business opportunity and become salespersons like you )

Maverick is right - classic sales' techniques.

R51785

While I have taken economics in college, Mr. Keynes visage escaped me. I am sure you are better looking.

The avatar of course is John Maynard Keynes.
    May 17, 1985 is the day I earned my bachelor's degree in Economics. Having been raised a dub and going straight into the pioneer work after high school (As my father the elder told me, "You'll always be welcome in my house as long as you are a pioneer.") I took great pride in this accomplishment.

So do you use your degree? My instructor was a economics major pursuing her doctorate and trying to find a job. She said that the really plum jobs were few and far between. I find the information helpful in understanding the overview of finance, investment, and government meddling.

Thanks, Stefanie.

• muleskinner
    muleskinner

Thanks Blondie. I don't get the WT or ever go to a meeting and it is hard to remember the details now. Your review brings it all back. I appreciate your time and effort.

• blondie
    blondie

Nice to hear from a reader, muleskinner. Sometimes it is good to forget. I like to remember why I don't go any more.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit