Comments You Will Not Hear at the 12-28-03 WT Study

by blondie 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

A blunt, dogmatic approach tends to close minds and hearts. A reasoning manner encourages discussion, gives people something to think about later, and leaves the way open for future conversations. It can be powerfully persuasive.

They suggest this approach at the beginning, but once you're in, all you will ever get is the dogmatic view of spirituality. More hours in field service suggests spirituality.

"A reasoning manner encourages discussion" -- if your reasoning doesn't agree with them, then you have a problem. Once they have you, then you will have attained a closed mind and a dysfunctional heart. What ultimately becomes persuasive is the threat of shunning if you see things differently than they do. What a spiritual farce.

Enjoyed the review Blondie.

• blondie
    blondie

Scully, that is so on the mark. To the GB all those things ARE free, provided by those JWs are donated to the worldwide work.

Roses, secretly picked from the Bethel gardens/greenhouses ($0) or given to them by a publisher who heard the GB mention they missed the roses from days gone by
    Fruit - banana: GB mentions again that there are never bananas at Bethel ("loving" publisher provides)
    Fruit - apple $0 provided by Bethel
    Fruit - grapes $0 provided at Bethel
    Fruit - oranges $0 provided at Bethel (WTS has its own citrus groves)
    Fruit - grapefruit $0 provided at Bethel (WTS has its own citrus groves)

Living Forever in Paradise on Earth?: Free?
    Living Forever in Paradise on Earth? (after you learn about "the fine print"): approx $10K/year, before donations (unless you are GB/Bethelite and it is still free or they get money)

Hi johnny_was_good,

The active and passive of course the WT uses the wrong one

Does that mean then that it doesn?t matter how persuasive you are if the one you are talking to is not open to being persuaded?

Hey min, how goes it for my fellow fader?

The "preaching, teaching and disciple-making work" is a JOKE!!!!

I did find it hard not to laugh at what many JWs said from door to door.

are not interested in saving people's lives. They are only interested in acquisitions and money

And a little CYA don?t you think? In their minds their salvation is assured whether anyone listens to them or not.

Yes, wannaexit, we can?t forget these

Sister Along for the Ride & Doesn?t? Ever Have RVs

Or: they have done all their return visits yesterday and could we do yours?

Sister It?s Not Her Gas/Let?s Kill Some Time

Or "I'd love to go with you on your return visit the one that is on the other side of town and takes 1/2 to get there." and if they get to a scripture is always the same few.

Watchtower leaders can harp all they want with these articles . It does not change a thing!

Hi SY,

I had been having scans e-mailed to me but my source has had a change in circumstances. I get them from a JW now that attends occasionally. I haven?t been to a meeting in over a year. I started doing reviews for myself over 2 years ago so I could sit through the meetings. But even that stopped working. I kept wanting to jump up and scream at certain points and had to go back to the restroom/backroom and sit there after I turned off the sound. Finally, I just stayed home and my husband brought home the tapes from a "loving" sister. Finally my hubbie stopped going.

Is that DY as in Doubtfully Yours?

r51785 (what does that mean?)

Always remember brothers that sincerity is the key to our ministry. Once you learn how to fake it you will be blessed with great success."

You certainly understand the unwritten rules of the WTS!

Where?s caleb? Just what I was thinking, welcome back.

They suggest this approach at the beginning, but once you're in, all you will ever get is the dogmatic view of spirituality.

w98 7/1 pp. 22-24

If all were to return to life simultaneously, it would be impossible to care for them adequately. It is reasonable to assume that the resurrection will take place progressively. Faithful Christians who died shortly before the end of Satan?s system will likely be among the first ones raised. We can also expect an early resurrection for the faithful men of old who will serve as "princes."?Psalm 45:16.

Nevertheless, we should not be dogmatic on such matters. On many issues the Bible is silent. It does not spell out the details of how, when, or at what locations the resurrection of individuals will occur. It does not tell us how those returning will be housed, fed, and clothed. Nor can we state with certainty how Jehovah will work out such issues as the rearing and care of resurrected children or how he will take care of certain situations that might involve our friends and loved ones. True, it is natural to wonder about such things; but it would be unwise to spend time trying to answer questions that at present are unanswerable.

w97

6/1 p. 14

Modesty on the part of the faithful and discreet slave class, commissioned to provide the Christian household with food at the proper time, prevents it from presumptuously running ahead and wildly speculating about things that are still unclear. The slave class strives to avoid being dogmatic. It is not too proud to admit that as of now it cannot answer every question, keeping Proverbs 4:18 clearly in mind.

More hours in field service suggests spirituality.

That?s why we have to turn in field service reports so they can keep track of your spirituality.

if your reasoning doesn't agree with them, then you have a problem.
    What ultimately becomes persuasive is the threat of shunning if you see things differently than they do. What a spiritual farce.

Blondie (what great comments! everyone)

• minimus
    minimus

The Faithful and Discreet Slave Class is the most IMMODEST, PRESUMPTIOUS, DOGMATIC, PROUD [make believe] group, I've ever had the displeasure of knowing.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, min, you're preaching to the choir here. Do you thnk they started out that way or did time and circumstances mold them? Does the WTS attract people like that and then promote them?

How goes it with the fade? PM me. We're much the same. The JWs we bump into are friendly, even the ones from our old KH. Ran into some on the 24th shopping. For XMas gifts, you think?

Try to stay calm and don't burst a gasket.

Blondie (hi mrs min)

• r51785
    r51785

Blondie,

R is the first letter of my name -- Robert.

51785 is May 17, 1985 -- an important date in my life!

Robert aka r51785

• blondie
    blondie

Well Robert, it could be

Birthday

Wedding Anniversary Date

Baptism Date

Last Meeting Date

Love the avatar!

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

The "slave" is an imposter....No such thing....All made up. They started to believe what they invented.....Look for a pm.

• pamkw
    pamkw

Hi Blondie,

I love your reviews, it is one of the reasons I read the board on weekends. Reading that makes me remember the years I spent knocking myself out going to people's doors. I never expected to help anyone, I just wanted other people in the congregation to like me, and to accept me. That was asking too much as I had been df and no one ever forgave me. Just reading about service brings back all that anxiety. I am so glad I don't have to worry about that anymore. I can see the guilt my mom and sister have over service. They never go, but know they should. My sister is even talking about pioneering again (but I think that is so she does not have to get a real job).

Thanks again,

Pam

• AnnOMaly
  • Show a sincere personal interest in people (a sale depends upon it)
  • Select an appealing product to discuss
  • Lay the groundwork for each successive visit (be sure to give them a sample)
  • Keep thinking about the person after you leave (to figure out how to sell them new things)
  • Return soon, perhaps in a day or two in order to follow up the interest (and keep them focused on the product)
  • Keep in mind that your objective is to promote brand loyalty or repeat business
  • Pray that the interest grows (enough so that they also want to take advantage of this wonderful business opportunity and become salespersons like you)
  • Maverick is right - classic sales' techniques.

• r51785
    r51785

Blondie,

The avatar of course is John Maynard Keynes.

May 17, 1985 is the day I earned my bachelor's degree in Economics. Having been raised a dub and going straight into the pioneer work after high school (As my father the elder told me, "You'll always be welcome in my house as long as you are a pioneer.") I took great pride in this accomplishment.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit