A 'Paradise' for mice turned out not to be so

by Petraglyph 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• talesin
    talesin
    I would love to live forever in paradise with no crime, hunger, illness, etc.
    As long as there were only ~50 individuals of my choosing who mostly left me alone, unlimited books, music and diversions. :wink:

I could handle that, rebel8. :P

t

• Mephis
    Mephis

We're moving into a future where we begin to manipulate genes and technology to transform humans themselves. Interesting times.

The mouse experiment is fascinating because one of the ideas proposed was that it wasn't physical crowding but over stimulation socially which was producing the results. The big question, which is unanswered, is how much about human behaviour can we learn from studying mice and rats.

I guess the JW utopia to me is always the one of thought crime and total loss of individuality and creative expression otherwise. My idea of hell really. Even growing up inside, the idea of a panda was nice but listening to kingdom melodies every day really didn't appeal. Nor did having to live with the people in my congregation for all of eternity (with a couple of exceptions). And no books but WBTS ones was really not going to make me want to go to paradise. Liberating moment to realise that you don't mind not having that fixation on getting through Armageddon to the 'promised land'.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Sounds like you will have some serious inbreeding with that few people.

We would live forever and would have a no babies rule. :D

• berrygerry
  • talesin
    talesin

lol @ BG! That Dwight, he's such a maroon! (as Bugs Bunny would say).

: D

t

• Cosima
    Cosima

With no death to make room for new life, the entire concept of "living forever on a Paradise Earth" is not possible. How is this not obvious to anyone who considers eternal life?

Space stations, lunar and planetary colonies aren't options for two reasons. 1) It's Paradise on Earth, not space.

2) No human being with the intelligence to make room for a perpetually expanding population would ever read The Watchtower.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Cool video! The narrator doesn't say so , but this is a variation of a Malthusian catastrophe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit