Bruce Almighty

by Stefanie 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• Aztec
    Aztec

Ha! I loved this movie! My son and I saw it at the theater and he and I cracked up. Not the best movie I've ever seen but, pretty damn funny.

U2K, with all the money you've got could you go buy a sense of humor? You really need to lighten up a bit!

Suck on this for a bit:

And when they nail my pimpled ass to the cross
    I'll tell them I found Jesus that should throw them off
    He goes by the name Jesus and steals hubcaps from cars
    Oh Jesus can I borrow your crowbar?
    To pry these God damn nails out they're beginning to hurt
    Crucified and all I got was this lousy T-shirt
    "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!" I'll sing as I'm flogged
    Yeah that's what I would do if I were God

I bet that if God exists he finds lyrics like this hilarious! We were made in "his" image supposedly so if I find them so funny why wouldn't he?

~Aztec

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I dont see how sombody who's favorite game revolves around stealing cars and raping women can be so sensitive to a funny movie.

Aztec LOFL..

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

I loved that movie! I think it's one of the best movies about God ever made.

Be the miracle....that's so good so very good. We can be a miracle for so many others and at times even for ourselves.

Great movie.

Sabrina

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser
    im pretty sure GOD does not have a sense of humor.

Here is a favorite line of mine from the movie THE DEVILS ADVOCATE.

MILTON: ... Guilt is like a bag of fucking bricks. All you gotta is set it down... Who are you carrying all those bricks for anyway? God? Is that it? God? Well I tell you. Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift and then what does he do? I swear, for his own amusement, his own private cosmic gagril he sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch but don't taste. Taste but don't swallow. And while you're jumping on one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughing his sick fucking ass off. He's a tightass. He's a sadist. He's an absentee-landlord! Worship that? Never!

I agree with it 100%

Heatmiser

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I loved it.

It's irreverant, but hilarious.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

I just rented it to watch tonight...Maurice watched and gave it an 8/10...I'll be watching it with my Witness mother later...look forward to it!

• missylissy
    missylissy

haha i LOVED that movie. Smyler gets kinda annoyed tho because i watch the part with the spoon over and over and over again

"scuse me, could i get a spooooooon"

-missy

• patio34
    patio34

Well, I watched about 20 minutes of the movie and was annoyed at the stupid complaining and whining Bruce was doing and just turned it off in disgust.

Then I read this thread and thought I'd give it another shot (especially after what Scully said about the message of the movie).

It was alright. I liked the message to quit looking for someone else to solve your problems. We laughed a lot when Bruce was sabotaging the other anchor by making him say nonsense.

Pat

• ChimChim
    ChimChim

I love that movie. I watched it I dont know how many times.

i watch the part with the spoon over and over and over again

"scuse me, could i get a spooooooon"

Yeah, Missy that part was pretty funny when i first saw it I started to cry because I was laughing so hard.

Another part in the movie that I loved is when he makesevan baxter make all thos sounds so he could get the job, I cracked!

C.C

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    the number listed as Gods is a real number here in NC, a Minister

I just saw the movie this evening. The number was 555-0123. 555 is never a valid prefix (except 555-1234) which is why it's always in the movies.

I thought it was a one joke movie. Jim Carrey's character seemed to me to be whiny and irritating. He blamed others and God for his problems when they were his making. As for Carrey himself, I think he visited the William Shatner School of Overacting before filming this part. Compare his performance here to The Truman Show and it's not even close.

But I did think Morgan Freeman was the best part of the film. Great lines. But overall I thought it was pretty boring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit