Bruce Almighty

by Stefanie 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I love that movie. I have to say its my all time favorite movie. I love the whole concept of it. Not to mention I am a jim carey and Jen anistan fan!

I dont know if this movie has been posted before. If it has... sorry.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I liked it too. Did you notice the play on words with his prayer computer? Yahwee instead of yahoo? Could that also be a play on Yahweh? THAT made me laugh.

I also liked Morgan Freeman as god, he was such a humble god.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Yeah, I thought Morgan Freeman was perfect as God. He played it with dignity and humor. I was really hoping this movie would not be disrespectful in the name of comedy, but it wasn't at all. Fun movie to watch when you can't sleep.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Just an FYI, the number listed as Gods is a real number here in NC, a Minister. It was all over the radio here. That is unless they edited it out.

• U.2.K. Tha Greate$t
    U.2.K. Tha Greate$t

I dont like the movie. God does not take vacations and give his powers to somebody else. He gave great powers to The messiah, but that was completey different and GOD was still in control of things. And the movie is very ignorant. See i lost my sense of humor because of things like this, people "use" humor in a bad way now. If im correct everybody is suppose to take things serious, yea it's ok to joke a bit, but not in a way to disrespect GOD. and im pretty sure GOD does not have a sense of humor.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    im pretty sure GOD does not have a sense of humor.

Anyone who made penguins, basset hounds, and the duck billed playpus has a sense of humor.

• rem
    rem

I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors
    but I think that god's got a sick sense of humor
    and when I die, I expect to find him laughing

rem

• heyfea
    heyfea

Hello,

I loved the movie. My mother is one person who complains all the time about her life. She says she prays to Jehovah about her "difficult" situation, and hopes that He will fix it for her. But like in the movie, maybe that's as good as her life will ever be. She fails to realize that Jehovah wants her to be happy with what she has.

How can anyone not see the real message in the movie. And how about the real, unselfish prayer Bruce said to God at the end when he thought he was dead?

• Scully
    Scully

U.2.K. writes:

im pretty sure GOD does not have a sense of humor.

Of course "GOD" has a sense of humour. We were made in "HIS" image, weren't we?

And as far as "GOD" taking a vacation, if you believe in "GOD" and when you look at some of the horrible things happening that "GOD" could fix in the wink of an eye but doesn't, or the atrocities committed throughout history that "HE" could have prevented but didn't, it certainly appears that "HE" is on vacation. Either that, or he doesn't give a hoot about "the world "HE" loved so much that "HE" gave "HIS" only begotten son" for.

But I think you are missing the message of the movie... instead of hoping and praying for miracles to "fix" our lives, we should "be the miracle" ourselves. Instead of playing the role of the victim through our lives, someone who things "happen to" all the time, we should be doing the best we can with whatever "gifts" or "talents" we have, to become the best we can be.

I enjoyed this movie immensely. It was even suitable for my kids to watch, and they thought it was funny too.

Love, Scully (who is going to refrain from saying "when monkeys fly outta my butt" from now on)

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Sorry, I agree 100 percent with scully.

"Did that monkey just come outta your crack man?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit