Christian Longo on death row – is he up for a new trial?

by Bonnie_Clyde 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

For those who don’t remember, Longo was a life-long witness (even a one-time ministerial servant) who strangled and/or drowned his wife, Mary Jane, and their three children, Zachery, Sadie and Madison. Longo has been on death row in Marion County, Oregon, since 2003.

http://www.biography.com/people/christian-longo

Well, yesterday I talked to a woman who works with one of Mary Jane’s sisters who told me that Longo was coming up for a new trial. The sister will be travelling from Michigan to Oregon and didn’t have the money, but there was a local fund raiser that netted $3,800 to assist her.

This blows my mind. There is no question that Christian Longo was guilty of this heinous crime. However, I can’t find anything on the internet to confirm a new trial, not yet.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

I don't know anything about this case.

But the death penalty is an out of date and most horrible thing that doesn't belong into a modern democracy.

• blondie
    blondie

I checked on the State of Oregon court system website and only found old cases re his appeal as new as 2014.

So it's too bad she did not give a contact.

• blondie
    blondie

Normally I don't approve of the death penalty but in his case, killing those children, putting them in a suitcase and dropping them in the water......

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

if he does get the death penalty ( quite rightly )---will he get a resurrection ?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

YES! If Christian Longo is executed by the State -- or if a fellow inmate bashes his brains out on a bathroom sink (wish, wish, wish) -- he WILL get a resurrection, as will the children and wife he murdered.

This is all part of the Universal Sovereign's Loving plan to fuck with us for all eternity.

SMILE! God is LOVE!

• blondie
    blondie

Oregon has the death penalty and he is currently on death row.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Here's another fundraising page

https://www.payit2.com/fundraiser/87866

I do NOT know if this is legit - I am therefore ONLY posting the link because....

There is a means of contact the originator of the appeal - which seems to have only very recently been started - perhaps try that?

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

darkspilver - I believe it is legit. Mary Jane's sister's name is Jennifer. I plan to make a donation toward the fundraiser.

Anyone who thinks they could have any sympathy for that jerk should read the link that I attached. After the murders he used a fake credit card number to buy a ticket to Cancun, posed as a New York journalist, and shacked up with a German photographer. I think he was with her when the authorities busted him. He never showed any remorse. I personally would have no trouble flipping the switch.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The movie TRUE STORY based on the real case of Christian Longo, accused murderer of his wife and three children, and Michael Finkel, the disgraced journalist whose identity Longo briefly assumed. The film, directed by Rupert Goold and starring James Franco as Longo and Jonah Hill as Finkel, is based on Finkel’s book "True Story: Memoir, Mea Culpa" recounting the case and his personal involvement with his impersonator.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit