JW Put-Downs & Suitable Ripostes.

by Englishman 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Having been "Out" for many years and also having family that has been "In" for just as many, it occurs to me that I hear the same tired old dub put-downs with monotous regularity.

These include:

"Giving up smoking is easy for new witnesses. They get special help from Jehovah, you see."

Riposte: I did it cold turkey without patches or Jehovah.

"My widowed unbelieving sister is so lonely. I, of course, have the congregation."

Riposte: I, of course, am free to choose my my own friends, usually from a pub. Give me an honest rogue over a pontificating JW anyday.

"Well of course, we have moral standards that worldly people such as yourself couldn't possibly comprehend."

Riposte: Yeah..just run that showing love for disfellowshipped persons by shunning them thing by me one more time please..

There are loads more of course, and I have my own set ripostes to deal with them. So, what put-downs do you experience and how do you respond?

Englishman.

• shamus
    shamus

I always enjoy the "love" in the congregation ones... They are the worst in the world....

Try "We give gifts all the time!" Yeah, RIGHT!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

"Churches of Christendom demonstrate they are opposed to the Kingdom by supporting the United Nations."

So how come the WTS was an NGO member for the past 10 years?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

"We're mot like the churches; ours is a clean organisation".

Didn't you watch Dateline/Panorama/Sunday?

• avishai
    avishai

Dammit, ozzie, ya beat me to it!

• shamus
    shamus

"Did you know if you replace the letters in "SANTA" you can come up with "SATAN"?"

I have no comeback for that one... I always hated it.

• minimus
    minimus

"WE don't get involved in anything PAGAN ".......What's your favorite month or day of the week?........"Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus.".........Does celebrating the Memorial have anything to do with not partaking and not going to heaven?........"Satan is after Jehovah's people!"......Is Satan after the whole "world"?......."Standing for the National Anthem is an act of idolatry"......Why can you stand for the Pledge of Allegiance, then?........"Wearing a beard is unacceptable for JWs.".......Didn't the Watchtower's 1st president and Jesus Christ have a beard?......."I pray for you EVERYDAY to see the truth"........I pray for you everyday to see the truth.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I have a good one for the rescuing elder who asks me to "come back". It's, "oh, you mean, like a dog back to his vomit?"

SS

• Scully
    Scully

My favorite one to use when JWs start bragging about how much better they are than other churches is

"I used to be a JW, but then I raised my standards."

• gumby
    gumby

"With Jehovahs help.....1000's of brothers and sister have endured torture until death in their integrity to Jehovah in concentration camps and other places".

1000's in the Military have undergone horrific tortures for their country who were atheists and didn't have Jehovahs backing.

Thousands of Christians were tortured till death in their stance for christianity without Jehovahs backing.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit