A great new interview video! (One of our fellow forum members) A video you will love!

by stuckinarut2 30 Replies latest jw friends

• jaydee
    jaydee

@ Diogenesister...

hey, not to worry,

you know what they say.

' Repetition for emphasis '.

or is it merely one of those ' overlapping ' comments.....

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Stayed up 'til 02:00 listening to this. I'd initially planned to have a few minutes going on in the background while I prepared for bed, and then would listen to the rest in the morning...

But I was hooked.

Ben, that part where you laid your doubts out with supporting data that quashed WT's eschatological line-up, and the elder you looked up to responded with "so what?"...My jaw dropped too.

These people who claim to love truth, who claim to be in it - they're terrified of it. Similarly to your situation, it was the external response to my research that propelled me into awakening. The quaint assumption that we were surrounded by truth-seekers took an ominous turn when we realized that the people we love are actively participating in a LIE.

• steve2
    steve2

Another excellent interview by Fifth (aka Cliff). Ben sounds like a very likable and honest man.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

@Wake me up - so true. You are spot on. They don't really care about truth, just the appearance of it. They care more about being in their special club and having a "hope". Last Sundays Watchtower is a classic example. It tells them to make sure they have the facts, but then discourages them from actually looking into the facts from any source other than their own. That whole Watchtower was paying lip service to the importance of "facts" when we know full well no JW would really care to find out the facts about their history, their doctrines, or child abuse etc They are indeed terrified of it. It is visibly traumatising for them even to be offered it form a source other than Watchtower.

@steve2 - thanks Steve, I try to be. But I also find being intellectually honest requires constant vigilance with oneself.

@doubtfull1799: "It is visibly traumatising for them even to be offered it form a source other than Watchtower."

Like that part when the elder in your meeting said that whoever had written down a historical fact on Wikipedia that contradicted WT's chronology was possibly under the influence of demons?! Sheesh, if I ever saw that elder out on a lunch break, I'd smack the sandwich out of his hands. The reason? Whoever manufactured the bread he was eating possibly put a bit of poison in that specific batch in hopes of an elder somewhere taking a bite - that way, the demon-possessed baker can slow down the spreading of the good news when the elder is in hospital.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think you made a very valid point Ben that has only really become apparent to me since I have left. It kind of puzzles me how they will put hours and hours in trying to convert some random, and yet ignore the needs of their current membership, or offer practical assistance.

I have a great aunt in a rest home at the moment (you will probably know her son if your from Melbourne). Married to an elder. Pioneered off and on over the years, and lived and breathed every moment of her life in the religion. I could count on one hand the jw visitors she has had since been in care. They can’t even take her to the mid week meeting. Interestingly her son is serving in overseas bethels as he has IT skills. To be honest I think his skills would be better suited looking after his sick mother, and wt got a cheek to ask him.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Bumping this thread.

Anyone who has not yet watched Ben's interview should do so. Its a fantastic watch!

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Great interview. I also watched the one with Sherrie and Sasha. The 3 of you should do your own youtube videos. All of you have such a warm, soothing presence. Hope to hear more from you all soon.

@TweetieBird I've been in Sacha and Sherrie's ears about doing so! Having Ben be a part of that project would be amazing. The three read so well on camera :). The trio would crush it.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks TweetieBird! Thats very kind of you to say!

You may be on to something there...maybe we will indeed do something in the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit