Could the Watchtower lose tax exemption in US?

by Outahere 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Outahere
    Outahere

Looks like Trump wants to take out the Scientologists.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-scientology-tax-exemption_us_5a04dd35e4b05673aa584cab?vpo

As a cult, could the Watchtower be close behind?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

A great idea and it would be nice but...well... let me see...is there a uuuuuuge wall yet?

Let's hope so anyway - bout the tax thing that is.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Nope. I listened to a podcast about Scientology where they spoke about how difficult it is to get someone's status revoked. There are like three guys in the country that can affect it and all have bigger fish to fry. Nobody cares about Jehovah's Witnesses. They're a nobody. Sounds great, but Scientology has flat our reneged on their agreements with the IRS and they STILL haven't done anything about it.

• Moster
    Moster

More BS from Scientology - Patton most likely made it up:

Interest ― Then Silence

In her last email to Remini sent on June 8, Patton sent a link to a New York Post article about actor Tom Cruise and his position in the Church of Scientology. “By the way, when things calm down about Comey, etc, and I get more due diligence on the IRS, I’ll circle back,” she wrote.

It’s unclear exactly what Patton was referencing with respect to former FBI Director James Comey. But the day she sent that email to Remini, Comey had testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee sharing his account of the circumstances around his termination by Trump.

Remini never heard from Patton again. Months later, Patton would be photographed publicly with a Scientologist who has quickly risen up the ranks in Trump world

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

JWs are nothing like Scientology. I don't like equating the two.

And JW attendance at the Memorial at well over 2 million is just under 1% of the US population. I wouldn't call them a "nobody".

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    JWs are nothing like Scientology. I don't like equating the two.

Because it’s not fair on Scientology.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

There is a population in NYC of 8.5 million people, there are aprox 8.3 million!! JWs and growing and about 10.5 million people study the bible with JW. That's a lot of JW! Imagine taking a trip to NYC and everyone that you saw and spoke to is JW there, everywhere. There are about 3 million JW in the US (knocking on every door they see).

• VW.org
    VW.org
    Imagine taking a trip to NYC and everyone that you saw and spoke to is JW there, everywhere.

I wouldn't want to visit NYC in that case.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I wouldn't want to visit NYC in that case.

Rofl

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I don't think so. However, both the government and the WT (I think they deserve each other) are good at misleading people to believe so if it's in their interest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit