Wrapping Gifts

by Nosferatu 21 Replies latest jw friends

• little witch
    little witch

For odd shaped gifts:

Set the Odd thing aside....Concentrate on the paper, which you will need lots of. Now make a big envelope of the paper. Then put the odd thing inside it...I saw this on television, a lady who had won a gift wrapping competition demonstrated the technique.

Also, footballs, or other oval or round shaps can be wrapped to look like a big xmas candy.

Just twist the ends, and tie with long ribbon!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

YaY! I always wanted to be a lady! :)

well Nos

between my gift wrapping class and showing you how to set a table and the bow in your hair you'll be all set

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Toilet paper and duct tape.

Well that's what I threatened my friends anyway. Since there is decidedly little opportunity to get ahold of wrapping paper whilst living with a dub mother.

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Well mysterious at least they can always use the toilet paper after, its two gifts in one...

Lapuce

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

that was hilarious Lee...too funny! Oh well, Nos will figure it out.

Joannadandy, but of course, those lovely gift bags.

That's what I use, because I can hardly wrap a sock around my foot.

I suck badly at gift wrapping. I'm good at lots of things, but gift wrapping 101: I flunked.

GIFT BAGS NOSFERATU! That's the secret.

Otherwise, it's off to Lee's this afternoon in a lesson in gift wrapping. Honestly, I wish I could be there in Winnipeg to witness this. Hold on.....gotta get my whiskey...brb .

• smurfy
    smurfy

Its funny, the one mall that is local always has a table of the local jewish congregation who will wrap presents while you do your shopping!! I love it!!

• missylissy
    missylissy

my wrapping skills arent the greatest either. lol, pretty bad somtimes. but, id rather wrap them, cause its soooo much funner that way christmas morning!

-missy

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

ahhh, the advantages of growing up in the world...

I'm not Martha Stewart, or anything, but I do OK.

My grandma, on the other hand...grandma always used lots of scotch tape (I could make a joke about using lots of scotch, but she never drank a bit of liquor in her life)...occasionally we'd have to borrow grandpa's pocket knife to get the damn gifts open! My uncle wraps just like her!

Don't worry about how the wrapping looks, Nos. The fact that you did it yourself is the important thing. Most women would rather have something that looks like it was wrapped by a deranged chimp than have you have someone else do it. (not that you wrap like a deranged chimp or anything...)

• Eric
    Eric

Went to Chapters to get a book for one present. I asked if they gift wrap, they said sure! Got the thing back, there aren't any matching corners, looks like it was wrapped by a pre-schooler. If I had asked them to disguise the fact that the gift was a book I'd have been quite pleased with the results. Oh well.

Made up my own gift wrap for one present this year. Laid sections of 8.5x11 sheets of the different endless paper work we have to fill out and taped them into one piece. Wrapped the gift in that. She loved it.

For the stuff I want wrapped really well, I have a gay friend.

Don't laugh, he has a burnishing tool for all the critical folds. Does a super job.

Looks like I owe someone a blowjob again this year!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Eric

• Xandria
    Xandria

Don't feel bad the present I sent for a secret santa looked like a giant pink joint. I put in the card not to light it and to open it carefully.

X.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit