Wrapping Gifts

by Nosferatu 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

First of all, I want to wish Merry Christmas to all those I haven't wished yet. That means all of you! There isn't a person I don't like on here. Hope you get lots of good shit this year!

Second, I ****ing hate wrapping gifts. I'd rather just stick a bow on the box and give it as is. Thanx to my JW upbringing, I never learned how to wrap gifts properly. I had to figure it out on my own. I still hate it though.

How about the rest of you? What are your gift wrapping skills like?

• ChimChim
    ChimChim

Merry Christmas to you too!

I love wrapping gifts, I had to beg my mom to wrap some with her...Twice... lol! I guess I just asked at the rong time. but anyways I Think it is SOOOOOOO fun until your back starts to hurt afetr awhile thats when I wanna give up.

C.C

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Merry Christmas!!

I actually enjoy buying and wrapping gifts, but since this is only the second year i really celebrated christmas, my wrapping skills suck, suck suck!!!

the paper tears, and i always end up with too much paper on the sides. bleh

oh well, its the love that counts right?? hehe

maybe i need to go to a class or something..

Doodle-V

• Solace
    Solace

I love Christmas.

Wrapping is ok, but it can be exhausting when you have alot of gifts, ya know?

When I get tired of wrapping, I use those pretty gift bag's, just add some tissue paper and a bow. If they are for the kid's, I staple the top closed, so they can't snoop.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Happy wrapping!

• luna
    luna

I'm with you...I can't wrap at all. I always end up w/ too much paper on the sides, and have to do some creative folding to be able to even tape them down. If I try and CUT the sides, it ends up looking like $% because I always end up cutting TOO much off. Oh well, I kind-of am going w/ the idea that unless someone is an uptight jerk, they really don't care what the wrapping looks like, anyhow. It always gets ripped off in 2.4 seconds, regardless of how nice it may or may not look.

Merry Christmas everyone, and have fun wrapping!!!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I would like to take this opportunity to appologize to Scootergirl and Eyegirl in advance...I did a horrible job of wrapping their presents. Curse my ambitions, I knew I should have gotten gift bags...er I mean, I paid a crack head five dollars to wrap them for me...yeah that's it!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Nos When we get together 'll give you a lesson

My mother thought there were 2 important life lessons to teach her daughters to make them ladies

• How to set a proper table
    • How to wrap gifts
  • bebu
    bebu

I lived in Japan for awhile, and learned that PRESENTATION is (practically) EVERYTHING... if you're Japanese, anyway! You can give a 50-cent gift and impress anyone, if you wrap/present it properly.

I learned a couple new ways to wrap gifts--how to do the ends really quickly and neatly. Also, another method to wrap the entire gift and use just one piece of tape--but the result doesn't look anything like the traditional wrap job you see here in the States. It's great for odd-shaped gifts.

I have learned not to let this job get delayed, but now I try to wrap stuff every night. Gets me to bed at a decent hour on Christmas Eve!

The best/most important gifts should have a special bow or something, I think...

bebu

RockettesRockettesRockettes

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Hey Nosfer, you need a girl friend, that's their job.

I refuse to let her wrap her own gifts LOL! She's the only one I'm buying for this year.

Nos When we get together 'll give you a lesson
    My mother thought there were 2 important life lessons to teach her daughters to make them ladies
    How to set a proper table
    How to wrap gifts

YaY! I always wanted to be a lady! :)

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Bebu,

I recently visited Japan during the O-seibo season and brought un-wrpaped gifts with apologies because of not knowing how to wrap to Japanese customs. (I still don't understand left and right over lapping)

I attempt to wrap as best I can. Boxes are easiest and therefore I put difficult-to-wrap items in boxes first. I have learned to save boxes for re-use later. (My wife is so practical) I don't think anyone really cares that much about the wrapping as it gets ripped off anyway. I think it is important to make an effort and adding ribbon and bows can help cover flaws.

Thirdson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit