Covering over

by Stefanie 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I remember when I was 17 and was at a bible study with a MS and his wife, anyways I went to the bathroom to wash my hands and the dude (MS) came in and started washing my hands for me all the way up to my elbows. I freaked out and left, but when I told an Elder what happened he said I should have just been quiet and forgotten about it because there was no need to start a riot over such a small incident. I wish I would have seen the red flag that day. It would have saved my from 10 years of pure misery!

Has anybody else had a simular incident?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Wow....that is really weird. Definitely a red flag!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Yep, the sign was there, and you picked up on it. But you were told to simply ignore it and not cause a fuss. There is something to be said for "gut instinct". (Glad he didn't want to wash anything else of yours!)

/<

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Wow. If that would've happened to me, I would've freaked out, bolted out the door, and never would've looked back. I've heard of weird things going on in halls, but this takes the cake.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Nothing like a little Pharisaic moment to shake anyone up.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

That was odd. This elder must have thought he was a Pharasee.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Geezzzz ... maybe he was getting all scriptual over you and really wanted to wash your feet, but only your hand and arms were available. hmmmm - definately a sicko...

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I think the really sick thing was on my part. I should have stopped the study not gotten baptized, not become an ELS wife and not started regular pioneering! 10 long stupid wasted years.! I guess what keeps me from jumping off that ledge is keeping in mind I was a young at 17 and a mom at that. I wanted a good life for my baby. I honestly thought I was going to get that.

I was wrong

• heathen
    heathen

I gotta say that sounds pretty freaky . I don't think I woulda let that slide . I know I had some freaky experiences with these people but that is one of the strangest I've heard of . He may have had the hots for you and hoping you would have some sort of religious experience . I remember going to the bathroom one time and some kid was in there masturbating in the urinal . eeeeeeeeeeekssssssss .

• jeannie
    jeannie

I use to post on H2O and this one as co-survivor if anyone remembers. Talking about weird happenings in the hall..I think this elder was definately grooming you..and not for sanitary purposes. He had some big ones to come into the bathroom with you, there is no excuse for a sicko like this. My ex who was a MS use to check the toilet to make sure our kids were really going to the bathroom when they got up during the night. He use to stand behind them and watch them brush their teeth, and they were not little anymore. Well this was his way of grooming them which lead to his sexually abusing our daughter and possibly our sons. I think some of you will remember I spoke about this before....jeannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit