Knowledge is the best defense

by Thunder Rider 19 Replies latest social current

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Why do some tend to label one instance of media dispersed information as propaganda and another instance as gospel? Why too do some only jump on their soap box when issues are less than positive?
    Information is just that, stated views, facts or figures, based on sources available to those most closely involved in the situation. People on Wall Street know more about the actual state of the economy. Do you bitch when Greenspan says that things are going well enough that the Fed will drop interest rates? Is he spouting a bunch of BS to stimulate the economy even more? Who knows, who cares? It is the results that count. People are spending their money, others are earning it and spending it elswhere. Life goes on.
    When Tom Ridge raised the threat level, he was providing warning of possible percieved dangers to us all, based on intelligence gathered by a number of agencies. The intended purpose of the information was to make all aware of their surroundings and circumstances. An informed and aware public adds so many eyes and ears to the mix, that we can all feel safer in knowing that we are all "watching each others backs" as it were.
    Could they be lying to us in an effort to keep us all home watching football on Christmas? Maybe. Could it be an attempt to control the spread of the Flu by keeping us home? Maybe. Does it matter? Point is, an informed, attentive citizen is more likely to report something or some one out of the ordinary or out of place, making it safer for us all. Keeping us happy and smiling. Objective met.
    I don't see any difference in it than me telling Makayla that a fat bearded man is going to land on the roof this week, come down a chimney that we don't even have and leave her gifts for Christmas.Or when I told my children that they needed to come in when the street lights came on, because there might be some one intent on taking them and or hurting them. Are those instances out there, far fetched and or bald faced lies? Maybe. My intent is to protect, please, placate and make theier world as safe and happy as possible. Objective met.
    Those in positions of authority, wether you voted for them or not, are responsible for informing the public. Take it for what it is. Information by which to plan your activities as you see fit, and quit reading more into it than is needed. I for one don't give a $#!^. I have neither the time or inclination to bother bitching about things out of my feild of influence. Tirade compleet.

Thunder ===}>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• foreword
    foreword

Well Thunder, let me put it this way, once I realized that a bunch of men in suits out of brooklin parading under the name of god and christ, were capable of distorting the truth, lying, protecting criminals, and robbing the elderly of their money (my mom for example), all the while telling people they almost had a direct line to heaven, I'm just about ready for any kind of surprise.

I don't believe men in suits anymore. They are just opportunists and crooks, like the ones we know in Brooklin. I will scrutinize their every action and motive, and will never, never, give them benefit of the doubt.

If this threat is nuclear, you'll only find out when it happens, and where will they be? Probably cozy in their bunkers, sippin some eggnog, and thinking to themselves..."LOL...thank god I became a politician, otherwise I wouldn't have known about this".

I'm sorry, I just can't get myself to trust these people.

Mark

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Foreword,

I would never advise you or anyone to trust anyone. I simply state that what information is available to us is what wehave to work with, and adjust ourselves and our lives accordingly, rather than complain about it. I too was swayed once by wishfull words of men in suits, now I judge what is said for myself and make my decisions thusly.
    Trust no one. Listen to all that you hear, believe half of that and act on what is best for you and yours.

Thunder

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Trust who says you have to trust them. As Thunder says it is information, if they chose not to disperse it then they would be at fault they choose to let us know and they are at fault. I guess it coms down to perceived risk of liability if they warn the country they are less at risk CYA....CYA

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Could they be lying to us in an effort to keep us all home watching football on Christmas? Maybe. Could it be an attempt to control the spread of the Flu by keeping us home? Maybe.

I doubt they're trying to keep us home. That would prove counter-productive to the economy, thereby hurting President Bush's re-election chances in 2004.

Also they said "go about your normal business...just keep an eye out for suspicious behavior". I see nothing evil or conspiratorial about such a message. Indeed the vigilence of airplane passengers since 9/11 has saved at least one possible tragic situation -- when that one guy boarded the plane with bombs in his shoes.

We live in a world where terrorists hate the Western world and freedom (or perhaps its political policies). For whatever reason, innocent people are targeted for acts of hate. There's nothing wrong with vigilence in such an atmosphere.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

CZAR's Top Ten Reasons To Stop Worrying And Love the Dirty Bombs

1) Radiation will give us all superpowers, and we will all look good in spandex tights and flowing capes.

2) Reality TV takes riveting new lows with: "Queer Eye for the Radioactively Disfigured Guy" and "Survivor: Post-apocalyptic Los Angeles" and "Glow-in-the-dark COPS"

3) Jane Fonda will visit Guantanamo and hug everybody.

4) Finally, evolutionists will have verifiable mutations to study, thereby deciding the debate once and for all. Won't that be nice?

5) Pulitzer Prize awarded to a pile of ash in a lead box, with a melted microphone still clenched in the skeletal remains of a hand.

6) Dr. Kevorkian released from prison and hailed as a visionary. Sets up a mission, administering the best medical treatment available for radiation poisoning: a huge dose of morphine!

7) Marijuana legalized to control nausea from radiation overload, but only along the Eastern Seaboard.

8) Endangered wildlife experiences massive resurgence. Americans officially put on endangered species list.

9) The complete destruction of all competition means that the Pittsburgh Steelers win the Superbowl by default, thereby fulfilling the "one for the thumb" prophecy of Mean Joe Green.

10) Finally, America will no longer tyrannize other peoples far away - leaving it to the peaceful peoples of North Korea, China, Rwanda, Liberia, Iran and Russia to solve their problems without the interference of nasty, suit clad white men from America.

• sf
    sf

Great site; lots o' tidbets to nibble on here:

anti-sheep - resist corporate exploitation
    ... by Sean Bell Tonkin Gulf Lie Launched Vietnam War 081802 watchtower 081602 Iraq
    facts 072002 Iraq and US propaganda 070702 dirty bombs 060502 Oil and War ...
    www.anti-sheep.com/articles/archive.php - 28k - Cached - Similar pages

sKally

• sf
    sf

~wrong thread~

• heathen
    heathen

ROTFLMAO @ czarofmischief . I also agree with thunder that we should not grow faint with fear over rumors that cannot be verified thru observation or things we have no control over . The people with the money will play their games and noone has a crystal ball to fortell the outcome . We are indeed at the mercy of some of the most calloused white collar criminals on the planet . IMO

• Satanus
    Satanus

Lmao, czar.

Good points, thunder.

I basically try to understand what the he# is going on, though it would be nice to retire to my vegetable patch, if i had one. Let the world roll where it will, since anything a middle or lower class, even most highly connected people say or do means diddley squat, has absolutely no affect.

The usa has the best and by far the largest intelligence gathering machinery in the world. It is all over the world, including in space. It has huge ellectronic intelligence gathering stations, not only on it's own soil, but in canada, new zealand, australia, england, and many other countries. Through this global 'octopus' it and it's allies can monitor most phone conversations, all email, pms, faxes and other signals that pass through cables, air, or space. They don't share this info w outsiders, and if they do, they share slectively, ei, chose to share the facts that will further their purpose, keeping secret those facts that are harmful or useless to their aims.

The usa started mind control research in the fifties. It carried out many mind/mass control experiments in the sixties. The hippy movement may well have been kick started by govt agencies. When it got a little out of hand, govt stepped in to end it. But govt experiments have certainly not ended. Anyone who thinks so has their head in the sand. Methods have instead been vastly improved and refined.

That's not to say that it is all bad. As you say, it's all just information. There have been and are men in suits who were/are a hundred times worse than the men in suits controling the above apparatii. Exactly what is the intention behind code orange declaration, who knows? I don't trust very many people, certainly no american govt officials.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit