Former "Elder's Wives" reactions to "brief" Elder's Meetings...............

by Sunnygal41 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

{{{{Sassy}}}}! It made me feel better when I would think that if it helped another one of Jehovah's sheep, then it was worth it. There was one elder in our congregation who put his foot down once he had kids. All the others were a little older with half grown kids, but, this bro. felt his family had to be priority. I remember being jealous of his wife and kids, but, I totally agreed, even tho it put extra burden on the rest of the body. Your situation is not much different with your Pioneer mom. We had one sister who was the sweetest person, but once she became a Pioneer she got such a "holier than thou" attitude and totally unbalanced that we sat her down and talked to her! Anyways, I do appreciate your response and I know how you are feeling!

Hugs,

Terri

• Maverick
    Maverick

After a brief stunt as an Elder I was "used" as an MS again. I worked the literature counter at one Hall and was the Account Servant at another. As such I was one of the last people out of the Hall after the meetings. Many times I would see the Elders Wives just sitting there waiting for their husbands to get done. And having sat in those meetings I knew how pointless most of those meetings where. Most could have been handled in 10 minutes or less. But you always got some Bros that must not have wanted to go home. They would just bring up something else or ask the same question again! It use to make me sad to see the ladies just hanging out, knowing they were hungry or tired. Maverick

• freelife
    freelife

I remember seeing all the elder's families waiting around for them to finish their deeds. I always tried to stay around and talk with them just to try to keep them company. I could tell that after a while it would really wear on them.

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

Just a thought,

Have any of you considered your ex spouses were gay and in denial? If there was next to no sex and if they had to get up and wash right away they could have been gay, but trying to live a straight JW life.

gold

• Maverick
    Maverick

Sphere brings up an excellent point. I never, and I do mean never, was comfortable giving advice when approched by a member of the cong. And when I witnesses other brothers giving "council" I would cringe. Most times if was obvious to me they were not really listening to the other person, usually a sister. And more times than not the sisters facial expression could only be interpreted as, "What a jerk, sorry I asked!" But the brother would be so wrapped up in what he was saying that he did not read the response to his advise. The wives of Elders as with any females in the WatchTower world are not important. The WTS is a mans organization, WOMEN JUST DON'T COUNT! Maverick

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Lucky us, we lived within a mile of the kingdumb hall. So we just walked back and forth, even in the winter, even in rain.

Do you know how embarassing it is walking to the kingdumb hall all dressed up, with bible and books in hand, and having half of the neighborhood kids walking with you asking where your going and why. I couldn't say 'church' and when I'd say kingdumb hall that just made them ask more questions.

Lisa

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Maverick...........and, if the brother was a listener and compassionate, then he got inundated! My ex was a compassionate, caring person......he just couldn't apply his own counsel at home. I know he's not gay, cuz he is married again, but, I think that is more for companionship than anything else..........he needs someone to love him and take care of him............I know that she must be a pretty independent type cuz she has her own business and flys all over the country and he putters around playing golf and his guitar and whatever else he's into now. I posted a comment about some of your and JT's observations on the thread about Sis in Distress, too. There was one "elder" in our congregation who was a real bastard. He has big time issues............his wife is Filipino, back 35 years ago oriental women were among the most subservient of women. I was not surprised he married her, so that he could control her. It took her 20 years to get Americanized, but, since she was a Dub, that only went so far. They were so unhappy, I used to wonder how they managed to stay together................they were total opposites.........she was loving and kind, he was stiff and restrained. Sad to say, she eventually became more and more like him........judgemental, pompous.

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit