Only Jehovah's people

by rebel8 12 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Today I went to a large talk.

There was no arguing or swearing, just kindness and respect.

It was orderly and calm.

Trash was put in the proper place. People were even picking up litter that wasn't even theirs.

The speakers were passionate and inspiring.

The entire event was orchestrated by volunteers.

It was March for Science, not a dub ass-embly. So much for "only Jehoopla's people" behaving like this at large events.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Interesting you say the Rebel, I have enjoyed attending many talks, lectures, conferences etc on various topics and subjects since waking up from my dub programming and my experience has been that the people at such events behaved just as you described. Far more enjoyable, informing and friendly than any dub indoctrination session that's for sure.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

My husband took our teenager and 2 of her friends to a "worldly" concert. Yes...her friends were "worldly" too. Oh my...tsk tsk. He came home and said there was no sex or drugs. Also, no "please be seated" or "quiet" signs being carried around by some snot nosed kids. The concession stands and bars were open and people were orderly and well behaved. How could that be? Only Jah's people can be orderly and well behaved. So they say!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Rebel. I experienced a similar thing. Last week I took my daughter and school friends to a "rock" concert. This was held in the same arena we used to go for our dub convention. Over 14,000 people of all ages, everyone was happy and having a great time. No pushing or shoving, everyone waited patiently to go get thru the lines for entry. Now at one dub assembly I was an attendant, when the doors opened in the morning? I watched in amazement as JWs pushed and started to run to get the best seats. Yes, you are correct...only Jehovah's people.🤔

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Two posts by toes up. What can I say...we've been married too long and think so much alike. Mr. toes wrote the last post while I wrote the previous post. We are laughing!

Mrs. Toes

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Rebel8> It was March for Science, not a dub ass-embly. So much for "only Jehoopla's people" behaving like this at large events.

Yes, but they're gonna be destroyed during Armageddon while all those stuffy old elders at the Kingdom Hall and the people at those events are going to be saved in Paradise Earth. (Gloat, gloat!) The birds of prey are gonna eat those science march people to the bones. Pick a little, peck a little.

• waton
    waton

the Oshkosh home - build aircraft meeting billed itself as the largest clean outdoor meeting in the [western] world, and it was, clean fun. dedicated to creativity, not only spirits soaring. and: unregimented, no combat for seats at the starting bell.

Jws have a lot to learn , but "--will they ever learn--?"

• rebel8
    rebel8

no "please be seated" or "quiet" signs being carried around by some snot nosed kids

LOL I totally forgot about that! How strange that they do this.

I remember feeling as though I had to obey them because they were boys.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

rebel8, your post revived a long lost memory. Way back when I also felt amazed at some public places and see how well behaved people were, and by choice, not because of some Jehovah/paradise crap. I too was surprised to notice that.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is a self supporting pretentiousness played up by the JWS in how righteously unique they are.

Most of that comes through usually at Kingdom Hall meetings or assemblies by organized verbal propaganda.

The reality is the people who are JWS are pedophiles, drunkards, wife beaters, child beaters, business crooks , murderers, adulterers, tax evaders, bullies, arrogant assholes who hold that their version of Christianity is the most truthful and pure.

They proclaim that they are the only "True" Christian organization chosen by god in spite of the fact they support a corrupt, lying religious publishing house called the Watchtower Corporation.

Yes only Jehovah's people would do something like that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit