Humans are not wired to want the truth

by rebel8 24 Replies latest jw friends

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Uh oh...you mentioned GMO's and took a rational position. Now you're gonna get flamed. lol

Damn it. I would be the first to post after that comment. I'm not trying to flame. I welcome counterpoints.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    The problem with GMOs is not going to be the technology itself but the intentions of the corporations who use it. One thing that irks me - I know natural hybrids have the same problem - is making grain sterile forcing farmers to be dependent on the seed companies.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

I agree with your post 90%. GMO's I don't agree with. I hate high fructose corn syrup, industrial-agri business, and the company known as Monsanto due to their bullying techniques. (I hate Wal*Mart for the same reason).

Modifying crops so as to not pollinate naturally, changing their make-up, creating clones of sheep/animals, etc is just creepy and wrong. 100 years ago our food was pretty much all-natural and organic. Now you have to pay premium just to get it? That's f*cked up, big time. I swear, I think half the diseases, early puberty, etc are brought upon by our modified foods. I'm 36. When I was in school, 8 yr old girls weren't having their periods or getting boobs. They are today! That's from the hormones and chemicals being inserted into our foods. Something is NOT right there.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

WingCommander:

"When I was in school, 8 yr old girls weren't having their periods or getting boobs. They are today! That's from the hormones and chemicals being inserted into our foods."

I believe that early pubescence may have a different/other cause. It is suspected to be due to estrogen mimicking chemicals in plastic food containers which leak into the food in residual amounts when heated (as in a microwave).

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

I think this video is good for explaining the problem. Basically people don't know what they don't know... and good luck telling them that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyOHJa5Vj5Y

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Johhny......dont dis- assemble......"number 5 is alive" !!!!!
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Not to hijack this thread but in the US a high percentage of kids are getting autism. Another thing to consider in the US the amount of vaccines and booster shots kids get in their young life is crazy. Many people believe theres a connection so much so that the Italian government now has changed the way vaccines a given because they believe there is a direct coralation.
  • DJS
    DJS

Theorists,

You DO mean to hijack this thread, so stop the bullshitting.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywillingham/2013/08/09/court-rulings-dont-confirm-autism-vaccine-link/

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2012/10/18/163034053/top-five-myths-of-genetically-modified-seeds-busted

The following links were provided to me by Alison Van Eenennaam, PhD, with the following comments copied from her email.

"It is not that I “believe” that GMOs, at least those introduced to the marketplace and included in my research, are as safe as non-genetically modified food - it is what the data say. And that is why the scientific societies support the consensus of data.

Hope that helps - sometimes it is not about the science and no amount of data can convince people."

Dr. Van Eenanaam, along with her cohort, conducted a multi-year study of over a billion cattle that were fed GMO products, the largest and most meticulous study of GMOs yet conducted. Their team found NO issues related to GMO feed supplies when compared to non-GMOs. Other studies, see the links below, confirm Dr. Eenanaam's findings. This is real science by real scientists, not quacks and conspiracy theorist housewives and cab drivers.

One day soon I will be leaving this site; I do not belong here. When I do, you brain dead hysterical reactionary conspiracy theorists can party like it's 1999.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

rebel8 - "Humans are not wired to want the truth..."

Shut up shut up SHUT UP!!!

I don't wanna hear it!!!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

wingcommander - "When I was in school, 8 yr old girls weren't having their periods or getting boobs. They are today! That's from the hormones and chemicals being inserted into our foods."

Do we know how early human females typically started puberty in prehistoric times?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit