I need some friends!!

by BlackWolf 11 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackWolf
    BlackWolf
    I literally have 0 friends, actually I've never had any close friends. Its really started to get to me. I homeschool and my parents keep me super isolated and all the other kids at my hall are complete a**holes!! I really need someone to talk to I'm starting to feel like I'm driving myself crazy. Pm me and I'll give you my email if you want. :)
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    Blackwolf, when people leave the borg most start out with 0 friends so although you feel alone actually your not. Just keep going little steps it will come, you already join in on here. I have noted though that we who have left/faded or whatever are afraid of truly opening up & letting others in for a while, hence why most use code names (like me) we have to breath through our fear. Maybe that person hasn't truly left & they are trying to catch me out & go tell the elders. I know that is sometimes how I feel. JW breed paranoia to their members. What I'm trying to say is don't panic, it's not you, it's not personal, it's just the way it has to be for a bit. Hug, Hug, Hug.
  • Zoos
    Zoos

That struck a chord.

I was homeschooled too and felt very unplugged from the universe around me, including the people at the hall. You've got a ton of people here willing and ready to be there for you even if we're not in the same locale.

• talesin
    talesin

I was the same. Not home-schooled, but the only time I was there was recess - had to walk home for lunch. Pariah at school. All the kids at the hall weren't 'spiritual enough' and were 'bad influences', so I had no friends.

I read a LOT. Books became my friends. It was no way to be, in your teens. I'm sorry you are going through this. Soon - SOON, not their kind of soon, but you can put a date on it - you will be able to leave You will have to work hard for low pay, and get your education, but you will make friends at work and school. Life will be so much BETTER by the time you are 20.

I did it, and so can you. Hang on, and continue to communicate. That's what we are here for.

xx

tal

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi
    I have mostly 0 friends that are woman so I can understand & agree that the ones from the hall only reach out to you to tell you that they haven't seen you at meeting... do they call to go out for a cup of coffee, dinner, etcc.... nope now I notice how conditional their friendship is.... start branching out
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    You're not alone BlackWolf, I don't have friends either. Well, I had a couple worldly friends that I made at work but those have sort of died out.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Im sure plenty folks here will be more than willing to be your email pals 👍
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I'm to busy for more then the friend or two that I have. But when I have time I intend on doing volunteer work and maybe joining some clubs to find friends.
  • BlackWolf
    BlackWolf
    Thank you all for your advice :)
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Sorry you are so lonely right now. My daughter went through much the same experience in high school. Many times people who are different in any way struggle in the religion, it's just hard to fit into the borg when you are intelligent and the type that questions things. You will have the last laugh though, when the kids at the hall are jumping into an early marriage and getting their window washing jobs, you will be out there living a better life, maybe going to college and then on to a great job. You will also meet other intelligent people who like to question things, and they will be friends who won't dump you because you decide to not be a JW. My daughter has a fantastic job in IT and is happily married, so very revenge of the nerds.

Hang in there, it will get better, high school doesn't last forever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit