What's in a Name?

by Thunder Rider 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

OK, this has probably been done before and I missed it, but I want to know what your member names mean. Is there a special story behind your online handle?

Mine is pretty self evident. Thunder Rider is the main character in my novel.

Whats in your name?

Thunder ===}>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

This is an interesting thread, and it's nice to bring ones like this up again.

Rayzorblade: RAY (my name), and also because I used to shave my head/buzz cut it, and also because I could be a bit sharp sometimes with my wit/comments.

More or less, a name that was given to me by some friends, and I basically spelled it with RAY in it, to be more personal.

• Gadget
    Gadget

I got my name from when I used to work on a factory production line. There was loads of things whizzing past, and as well as our other jobs we had to keep an eye out for any bad ones. When I spotted one, I would reach out and grab it, and got called Inspector Gadget, 'Go go gadget arms'. Also, it was only my workmates that call me that, so no jws would reconise me by that name if they saw me on the board.

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

I felt lost when I first left the Borg, but now I've been "found". I have learned more about myself than I ever knew, and there are so many wonderful facets to who I am and who I am becoming.

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

Well, I am a mom, and I have 6 children. So MomOfMany seemed like a good name.

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

KayKay is my nickname and I am so filled with love. I use this name at a lot of different sights. I can't remember what the 155 is for.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

That question is a famous one - William Sheakespear found it important too....

it's just what I am.

(not living in a village or city but "outside"

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I am Sheila cause that is ...who I am and M for my last name. I just wanna be me

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I am one of the few black sheep in a large (5 generations now) JW family.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I was crowned the king of mischief and revelries by my one dub friend - I came up with a huge list of suggestions for things he could do while his parents were away. I adopted it as my first hotmail account. Plus I had a curious reputation even as a dub as a crazy, party, do-anything on a whim kind of guy. The name just fit.

Then the spam got out of control - over three hundred messages a day. I'd log in and my account would be packed so full I couldn't sort out what was what.

So then I abandoned my kingdom, moved east to Russia, and became the Czar of Mischief (and Revelries).

My fascination with Pinhead came much later, long after I left dubdom.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit