A Merry Cajun Christmas to Yall!

by Frannie Banannie 38 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

It is nice to remember a place you love huh Frannie. We have traveled alot while my hubby does hail work and have been to Colorado, that is about as far North as I have ever been.

I love it there, it was gorgeous but I did get home sick for the south. So many reasons but home is home ya know?

I have been to Beaumont and Orange, Texas for Kingdom Hall building with my Dad years ago,,,,,, Orange was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. This real nice sister that I had just met took me to her house to get lunch things for the workers and she had a beautiful place. Three of her kids had homes right by her and it was so quiet, and peaceful. They had a pond out there ,you could look down in the crystal clear water and see the fish swimming.

My Aunt used to live in Natchitoches, Louisiana but moved to New Orleans not long ago. One of her other sons lives in Baton Rouge and is going to LSU, he is the President of the Paintball Club there. I didnt even know that the college had a painball team......lol........that figures in Louisiana huh?

My Aunts son is a musician and there is no place like New Orleans for jazz........We are thinking of going down there for Mardi Gras. But of course we will leave the young kids home,,,,,,,my hub was down there working and he said there are naked people running around...lol.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I have been to Beaumont and Orange, Texas for Kingdom Hall building with my Dad years ago,,,,,, Orange was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. This real nice sister that I had just met took me to her house to get lunch things for the workers and she had a beautiful place. Three of her kids had homes right by her and it was so quiet, and peaceful. They had a pond out there ,you could look down in the crystal clear water and see the fish swimming.

Lyineyes!!! I've BEEN to her place in Orange!!! It's located in North Orange, idnit? We had a big JW get-together there one time...took pics and everything, but I think my JW sis has them now.....Don't they have a duck or goose that chases you and tries to bite? I just KNOW it's the same sis....don't remember her name either...it was a long time ago. When I was there, they had a rope that kids (& adults) could swing out over the pond and jump from...heheheh

It is nice to remember a place you love huh Frannie. We have traveled alot while my hubby does hail work and have been to Colorado, that is about as far North as I have ever been.

Yes, it IS, LE....thanks for reminding me....I've traveled here in the States to Billings, Montana and lived in the Washington, D.C./Maryland area and visited Virginia....it's absolutely gorgeous around D.C. in Maryland and Virginia....breathtaking even....but you're right...home is home....that sis's place in Orange had some of that moss hanging from the trees, too....such a peaceful, quiet place.....makes me think of that song...."Summertime....an' the livin' is easy..."

My Aunt used to live in Natchitoches, Louisiana but moved to New Orleans not long ago. One of her other sons lives in Baton Rouge and is going to LSU, he is the President of the Paintball Club there. I didnt even know that the college had a painball team......lol........that figures in Louisiana huh?

LOL, LE! Yup....those Cajun redneck types are definitely into anything that smacks of "battle" and fun! I had an Aunt and Uncle, cousins that lived in Lake Charles and many friends in Sulfur and Vinton.

My Aunts son is a musician and there is no place like New Orleans for jazz........We are thinking of going down there for Mardi Gras. But of course we will leave the young kids home,,,,,,,my hub was down there working and he said there are naked people running around...lol.

You got dat r'at, cher! Don't forget to go to Pat O'Brien's....OMG! well...yup...better leave the chirrens at home, yall...LOL!

Frannie B

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Merry Cajun Christmas to my fave wild gal!!

Lisa

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Merry Cajun Christmas to my fave wild gal!!

Where y'been, Lisa? Been missin' ya! They were dissin' the Cowboys in chat tonite, didja know? LOL!

Thanks for the wishes, cher!

Frannie B

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Frannie, hon, I've been trying my best to keep my spirits up while tryin' to make ends meet. This would be easier if someone would keep moving the other end all the time. But, that's alright....I'm a tough ol'gal and I will get through this and be jest fine. You know what they say..."sometimes ya make 8...sometimes ya hit dirt"

dissin' the 'boys?? That's it!! What kind of chat is this where someone can diss da 'boys?!?! hmmmmmm...I ask you.

Lisa of the hockey chick class but no one but no one disses da 'boys class

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Frannie, hon, I've been trying my best to keep my spirits up while tryin' to make ends meet. This would be easier if someone would keep moving the other end all the time. But, that's alright....I'm a tough ol'gal and I will get through this and be jest fine. You know what they say..."sometimes ya make 8...sometimes ya hit dirt"

aww, Lisa! Me, too, chere bebe....trouble is someone keeps movin' da other end o' da line when I t'ink I done got dat varmint nailed down....Here's to you an' me, Chica! We'll jest tough it out at da same time, huh!

dissin' the 'boys?? That's it!! What kind of chat is this where someone can diss da 'boys?!?! hmmmmmm...I ask you.

Yup! An' dat chat room was full as a tick on a lazy coon houn' las' night!

Cheers!

Frannie B

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Frannie B., backatcha' hon!

Joyeaux Noel et Bonne Annee!

Where I used to live in Atlantic Canada, many of the Cajun roots, came from there: Acadian peoples of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.

Some of the Acadian French names found in Atlantic Canada, can be found in Louisiana today.

Pretty cool huh? n'est ce pas?

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Merci FrannieB "Joyeux Noel" !!!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Frannie B., backatcha' hon! Joyeaux Noel et Bonne Annee!

Where I used to live in Atlantic Canada, many of the Cajun roots, came from there: Acadian peoples of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. Some of the Acadian French names found in Atlantic Canada, can be found in Louisiana today. Pretty cool huh? n'est ce pas?

Merci boucoup, Rayz! Ce Bon! I wasn't aware of that, cher....thanks for the info.

Merci FrannieB "Joyeux Noel" !!!

Thanks, Frenchbabyface!

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit