Refusing to Report time in field ministry

by Whynot 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Whynot
    Whynot

I haven't been in field service in over a year. I don't intend to either. It just doesn't feel right.

• Whynot
    Whynot

My husband is starting to wake up gradually. He wants to come back just so his friends talk to him again, hang out etc.

He was shocked at first and actually shut me down each time I would try to make him think for himself. But after years of trying he finally started to take me seriously.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes reporting time is not in Scripture or either selling the Gospel openly as the WTS once did.

Preaching a false commercially tainted Gospel is something that Jesus would never approve of as he admonished any of true follows to make or calculate a time of the new Kingdom to come.

To be a true faithful Christian you have to adhere to what Jesus instructed in preaching his Gospel , not what mere men devised or created.

False Prophets and corrupt charlatans exploit the bible to their own means and purpose and are amerced in sin. $$$

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Freddo you're so close to home you can hear your old dog snoring on the front porch.

That's the most adorable expression I've ever heard Freddo!

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I have found not turning in time is more important to the elders than not going to meetings. They would call me for my time and not ask about why I don't go to meetings. It is all about the numbers.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Last time I was asked about the report, I replied with the website:

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/how-many-jw-members/

How do you know how many are actively witnessing?
    Each month, Witnesses report their preaching activity to their local congregation. This report is made voluntarily.

I was never asked for the report.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

You have gotten some really good advice. I never had anyone bother me about not turning in time. But to be honest, I counted an hour every time I left something on the bus or on a bench somewhere. My numbers were never regular and I never gave good witness at the door (because of anxiety) so I don't think they really care if I reported anything. So, I'm not much help there.

But as for your husband wanted to go back for his friendships, have you considered getting involved in something new... together? Find something social to do that he really enjoys and can really get into. When he has people to hang out with, then he won't think about the people he isn't hanging out with quite so much. It will also help you both fade mentally. Being around people who have no idea what the JWs are really helps you have a more mainstream mentality and that helps you break away. You do better when you set new norms to fall back on.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    What do you think would happen if I verbally refuse to report my time?

I know! I know! I know! You will... verbally refuse to report your time!

• hoser
    hoser

I turn in a bullshit report every month, whether I’ve been out or not. They know I make up my time but don’t want to deal with it. It’s our elephant in the room so to speak. Even when I go out not very much gets accomplished. Field service is such a joke these days not like it was in the 70s and 80s

• zeb
    zeb

In a court case in Victoria (Australia) the wt lawyers stated that neither elders not the society require anyone to report hours. It is part of an individual's personal mission. This brought a loud "HUH!" from the witnesses present. I wonder what the judge thought of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit