Just popping in to say Hi!

by Coeur de Lion 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Coeur de Lion
    Coeur de Lion

Hello, I am new here, and I am hoping to stay a while. It will take me a while to find my way round.

A couple of questions

1. Any good suggestions on where I can find more details on "the best way" to leave this god forsaken organization?

2. Are there any of you from the UK, that ever meet up, because I would love to be a part of it.

LH.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Welcome to the board.

I am no help but perhaps you can find useful information here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/58215/863175/post.ashx#863175

There have been some excellent discussions on the forum regarding the slow fade vs the big bang DA. Keep reading and good luck.

edited to make link clickable - Scully

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hello and welcome to the board!

It sounds like your mind is already pretty well made up about leaving, but I think for myself, the single most important thing I did in deciding what to do with my life was to read literature by XJWs and communicate with others who were going through the same thing. I think by hanging out and talking to the friends here, your path will gradually reveal itself to you.

Again, welcome.

SNG

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Hello and Welcome to the board

cj

• Coeur de Lion
    Coeur de Lion

Thank you both, what you say makes sense.

Just trying out some of the links.

LH.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Any good suggestions on where I can find more details on "the best way" to leave this god forsaken organization?

Howdy and welcome!

Isn't the best way to simply leave, i.e. stop going to meetings? Or are there family/friend ties that bind you?

• morty
    morty

Coerur de lion,

WELCOME to the Fourm!!!!!

There is alot of links here, that would useful to you, it just depends what your connections within the borg are...ie, family,

It is like a whole new family here for me..

Morty

• City Fan
    City Fan

Hi there Coeur,

I did what can only be termed a 'quick fade' where I just stopped going to meetings, moved out and never talked about my reasons for leaving with any one except my parents. I was lucky that I had someone to stay with till everything calmed down.

• Dansk
    Dansk

WELCOME COEUR DE LION

From your fellow Brits,

Ian, Claire, Karl and Dominic

• Makena1
    Makena1

Welcome Couer de Lion (are you related to Couer d'Alene?)

I enjoyed reading posts by Amazing on how he gradually got he and his family out. Look in member directory - find the poster who goes by Amazing.

He wrote another series of interest regarding judicial meetings he served on - Justice Series - great stuff.

Again welcome and best wishes for success!

Mak

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit