The Society has given up on "holiday witnessing"

by dothemath 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• simplesally
    simplesally

I did. Easter and Xmas. Placed the Greatest Man book every year. "Most people think about Jesus as a baby in a manger or a man dying on a cross, but this book helps us to see the life he led, the model he left us to follow him. This book is a compilation of the 4 gospels in chronological order, so it makes for easy reading of his all his journeys, parables and miracles." I always placed quite a few.

We did RV's too on that day.

• SM62
    SM62

I went out every Xmas Day, St Stephen's Day and New Years Day for the past 12 years! This will be the first time I stay at home. My husband will be out as usual on all three days - the poor thing really thinks I might change my mind and join him - I feel so helpless and sorry for him - I wish he'd listen to me seriously for once. he just thnks I am going through a weird phase and will snap out of it soon.

Terri

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Thanks, Willyloman, for the compliment. I missed it earlier.

CZAR

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

When I was a kid my parents dragged me out in service every holiday. It was a big deal around these parts.

A lot of magazines were left.

But I have noticed too that in recent years the emphasis has just not been there.

The cong always arranges times for holiday witnessing but few support these.

You might get the poor pioneers going because they have to get their time in.

wannaexit

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

LOL. Yep, I can't think of anyone who truly liked it. Well maybe there were a few who got off on proving how "zealous" they were.

I think the only thing worse as a kid was having to work your own street . . . pure torture!

Axelspeed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit