Religion of Peace Hits Barcelona?

by freemindfade 21 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Remember, focus on the white supremacists - they have killed someone this year.

Islam? Excuse it and say "diversity is our strength" five times.

Also, save your outrage for the true monsters - those who say that women prefer different things to men. Oh, the humanity.

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf
    "So far this year there were 1345 Islamic attacks in 53 countries, in which 9587 people were killed and 9903 injured.
    that's just this year..."

In certain countries in the EU you can be arrested for posting those facts

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@Bad_Wolf: The liberals will destroy your livelihood for mentioning inconvenient scientific facts, they will take away your freedom for mentioning inconvenient numbers, they will alter history which is deemed inappropriate, and they will do their utmost to defend the freedom of those who wish to kill and perform acts of terror.

...all the while they will call anyone who objects a "nazi". lol.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The Archbishop of Canterbury, the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Westminster, the Chief Rabbi and two British imams gathered to have a slap up meal embodying interfaith unity in the shadow of a horrifying attack.

The decendants of an infantacidal maniac are faiths that teach the primacy of love and compassion over antagonism.

We have come together to push for a more peaceful future and get pissed.

It was an immediate effort to reject the narrative that the nutcase in the car was an agent of Islam at war with the Christian West.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Thirteen dead and 100 injured in Barcelona, according to the Daily Mail.

Absolutely terrible. My condolences to their families and I hope the injured get back on track.

What's nearly as bad is that terrorist attacks are becoming the new norm. I've had conversations with people about the London Bridge and Manchester attacks and some have said "what can you do?", "terrorist attacks are a secondary issue" (I asked when little girls being deliberately blown to bits at pop concerts should become a primary issue. Again, "nothing we can do").

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4800282/PICTURED-Moroccan-man-rented-Barcelona-van.html

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

Morpheus How can they be non-violent AND claim responsibility for a violent act? The two concepts are mutually exclusive.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Yes nevuela, they are. Sarcasium dosent always translate to the written word.

• _Morpheus
  • Simon
    Simon

At some point, people will lose patience with their governments and take matters into their own hands. You simply cannot have endless abhorrent attacks and lame responses without a reaction. Mothers with children being hacked to death in the streets and everyone is supposed to just go about their daily lives as though it's normal? Maybe in the shitty countries these people came from, but not in ours.

A violent reaction is what the attackers want - to start a religious war. The politicians who do too little and throw open the doors to the wrong people are playing right into their hands, especially when, at the same time, they try to pass laws making criticism of the ideology behind this into a crime.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

_Morpheus: Damn another one

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/finland-terror-attack-several-people-11010652

The following is being reported by the Finnish news website Ilta-Sanomat (via Google translate)

Communicator: One of the Woodpecker's victims was a leaflet shared by Jehovah's Witness

Ilta-Sanomat, Friday 18 August 2017

There are two people dead at the Turku Market Square stapling.

The police have reported that two people died in Turku's Friday stabbing. According to IS's data, one of the victims was Jehovah's Witness woman, who was in the market sharing brochures.

- It is true, confirms the information of IS Veikko Leinonen, a spokeswoman for Jehovah's Witnesses.

Police have not formally commented on fatalities or injured genders. The suspect was caught in the police by police shot at her feet. The police have told the suspect that he is a foreign-born, young man who is in hospital.

According to Jehovah's Witness Leinonen, the community has already offered crisis support for the deceased woman's family. According to Leinonen, the deceased woman was a well-respected and valued person among the witnesses. He had no children.

According to Leinonen, a deceased woman lived in Turku but was not Turks native.

- In our view, it was not a blow to our religion, but his involvement in the victim was purely random.

Leinonen reminds us that Jehovah's Witnesses are in so-called gospel work around the world in abundance of people gathering places, such as squares and squares.

- We are there to smile and offer biblical literature to people and nothing has happened in the past. This seems to be quite a sad random event.

According to Leinonen, Jehovah's Witnesses throughout Finland and the world have shown their condolences to the deceased and close friends of the woman.

- Our community is very close.

http://www.is.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005332094.html

hat-tip to https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/6ujqry/witnesses_killed_in_turku_finland/dltef1a/

Somebody might like to post this as a new topic? I would, but I've ready posted a new topic a couple of hours ago, which I think is my daily limit, otherwise the forum would automatically hold it back from public display in a queue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit