2022 WTS Numbers

by blondie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Biahi
    Biahi

In the report next year, maybe they will post the number of PIMO’s! 👍🏻😂

• Zilgee
    Zilgee

Many inactive ones got back out of fear of pandemic and war. They will go back once things turn back to normal.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Hellothere - I think Prince was a good donator to the cong he attended. WTC hoped to get a piece of his estate but that was not in the cards from what I hear. ALthough he was generous locally, he seemed to have enough sense not to leave anything to WTC headquarters. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

FedUpJW - that was the most telling number for me. It is VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY rare for anyone to come from the field these days and get baptized. Given that WTC was pressuring young ones to get baptized, they certainly knew that almost no one was responding in the D2D work. So, they started pressuring parents to get their kids baptized. This also back-fired when they got heavily criticized for it later in the year. Most JWs understand that such a decision should only be made by mature persons.

If you take away the children being baptized, the number might be on the low end of 5 figures. That would mean that short of born-ins, the gig is up.

• Gorb
    Gorb

A rank and file, like me before PoMo, counts 8 hours a month preaching.

So I would preach aprox 104 years to get in a new member.

That's not good, the local rarety society's like stamp collectors, cats and dogs and honkey tonk piano society does better.

So the weekly training / brainwash in KH and broadcasting are proved a useless tool.

The Awake university is significant time wasting, but we knew that already.

G.

• Biahi
    Biahi

It’s a time waster, for sure, but it keeps the PIMI’s indoctrinated.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    ALthough he was generous locally, he seemed to have enough sense not to leave anything to WTC headquarters. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Fortunately his sister was his hier and I don't think she approved of watchtower. She made sure they didn't get a dime. I think because he died so suddenly (and relatively young), he hadn't written a proper will or at least watchtower hadn't had time to start turning on the screws.

Let's just hope billionaire Serena doesn't leave her fortune to them. I've got a good idea her daughter will definitely not get indoctrinated, since her father's a non believer and no doubt she'll attend a good private school who will teach her to think critically. Serena probably never had the time to really investigate all this during her youth/career and didn't have time to attend uni. Maintaining your game at that level is a more than full time job.

Blondie Sorry for diverting the subject and so nice to see you back!!
    I think the poor numbers and big decline will be buried under the COVID excuse. In fact it's a bit of a gift to watchtower in that sense.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" I think the poor numbers and big decline will be buried under the COVID excuse. In fact it's a bit of a gift to watchtower in that sense."

Our Government, here in the U.K, are using Covid and the Ukraine War as an excuse for their policies failing, so I wouldn't be surprised at all for the W.T to trot out a similar excuse, what will prove difficult is when the two problems recede, and a huge number leave the J.W nonsense. Realising that "Armageddon" ain't gonna happen, they will say " Armageddon ouda here !".

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What I find great about the figures for "Jehovah's Worldwide Organisation",is that year on year, and this one is no exception, the global population outstrips their "growth", and by a not insignificant number !

• Biblestudent1
    Biblestudent1

I have little faith in those numbers.

A brother was baptised in Luxembourg. I saw it with my own eyes!

The reporting numbers for that year was a big fat zero baptisms for Luxembourg

Why is this I asked? I was told the CO is from Germany and the circuit is mostly in Germany (as Luxembourg is too small) so they guessed the baptism was counted in Germany

Being an accountant these little things annoy me. I asked could a letter be written to Bethel. And the website updates articles all the time, it's an easy fix. I wasn't asking for thousands of books to be recalled and reprinted, just fix a website. Could be done in minutes, easy. I got a nod of the head from the elder and sure, sure we will look at it. Hah, I am sure nothing was done

But accountants of the world unite! As if one figure is wrong then what else is wrong?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit