Elders' new direction.

by lastmanstanding 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jp1692
    jp1692

Violence begets violence.

Just stay away from Kingdom Halls and enjoy your life. It’s not like going there with an “apostate” message or purpose will ever change any of them.

Hundreds of people have tried that and—to my knowledge—it has never, ever worked. Not once. If anyone has evidence, or even just an anecdote, to the contrary, I’d love to know about it.

Let’s review: It’s a cult!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

LastManStanding: There is a big difference with self-defence and beating someone up. I grew up in the 80s and worked as an attendant in the 90s and 2000s. You were allowed to use proper physical response in order to defend and contain the situation.

Beating severely someone up would not qualify. If the person pushed, you were allowed to push back, grab and lead the person outside of the hall. If the person punched, you were allowed to punch, if that was needed to bring the perpetrator down. Heck, if someone came in with a gun, you'd be allowed to hit him with a chair or a baseball bat.

JWs always allowed for self defence. They just don't talk often about it, praising the concept of martyrdom. But they are definitely allowed to defend themselves.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

So, anyone here think that some uberDubs might just feel a wee bit tempted to maybe pick a fight with a known "apostate"?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes I do I know some JWS guys who try to do such a thing to show their devoted support for Jah and his earthly arrangement.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Stephane - "...praising the concept of martyrdom."

Oh fuck me, I remember that.

Expecting misfit school-age kids to be glad that they were being picked on was one of the more monumentally stupid ideas some uberDub parents had.

• Syme
    Syme

I don't think that's an actual directive with that exact expression; even if it were, it wouldn't be exactly new:

There was (is?) an old directive regarding physical confrontation and it's addressed to attendants in assemblies and meetings in general. What it said was that if there was a threatening guy in the hall that went for trouble, the attendants should not be the first to start a fight; if however he got physical, they would be allowed to "immobilize" him; however that could be achieved with. Maybe with karate grips. :P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit