Could this be the end of JWs? What are the consequences if it is?

by Teddnzo 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Multiple very serious allegations against Tony and then huge efforts to remove him from all pictures and videos, have to admit it doesn’t look good.

Once the Pennsylvania investigation becomes public knowledge and front page news it will be very very hard for 8 million PIMIs.

Is it possible that this could be the largest problem the branch has ever faced? Larger than 1975, the overlapping generations or any other ‘test of faith’

Many will feel heartbroken and betrayed. These men that they absolutely believed to be Gods only spokesmen on earth turned out to be at least involved with child sexual abuse cover ups, and in the case of governing body members Greenlees, Chitty and now possibly Tony Morris were part of it.

Of the 8 million brothers and sisters around the world how many could mentally cope with the feeling of betrayal?

the waking up to the fact that these men are not who they claim to be! At least three of them maybe four if Jarez was guilty of what he was accused of were pedophiles.

As an act of kindness and in all humanity those of us who have already woken up need to be there for those who did not wake up and now may seriously struggle to mentally cope with this realisation.

I want to be there for those kind souls in my congregation I have known for a long time who are such good people.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2
    I will offer a completely different perspective and one I think is more likely. First, IF the allegations turn out to be true JWs will see the removal as a very positive thing. In Jehovahs organization even a GB member that has done wrong will be removed and disciplined. Further proof that Jehovah will always keep his organization clean. Any argument or point to the contrary will be null and void.
  • TonusOH
    TonusOH

It also depends on the scope of the allegations. What exactly is the WTS being accused of? What did Tony do (or not do), that led to his removal? There have been inquiries into issues involving CSA (in the UK and Australia, for example), and neither has ended the WTS, or led to any notable sanction against GB members.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Sadly, it won't be the end of the cult. Still, many more are waking up, so it'll help.

JW response: "Oh, there's bad in every organization/religion. Even Judas was bad - and Jesus chose him!"

That's why I prefer to focus on the org's fake teachings & practices, rather than the "imperfect" JW's.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Once the Pennsylvania investigation becomes public knowledge and front page news it will be very very hard for 8 million PIMIs.

Don't you know the "front page news" is part of Satan's system and it was long foretold that Satan would attack Jehover's People.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

they will just think the accusers are lying apostates with bad attitudes. They won't listen to or believe what the fake media puts out. Raymond Franz has been dead for years...his books have been available for years. He has beenso villified the R and F won't be caught with the books. The JW control to what is watched, read, talked about keeps a lid on current news.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Nope. Some will dismiss it all as an attack by Satan and apostates. Others may accept the truthfulness of any court verdicts (has there actually been a substantive allegation made against Morris?) but will rationalize that one bad apple isn't representative of Jehovah's organisation.

At best it will add to the dissonance felt by those JW's already doubting.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TEDDNZO:

NO, I do not think this will bring the JW religion down! This is wishful thinking, unfortunately.

At most, it might cause some younger people and/or fence sitters to leave. But, the rest of the older ‘Boomers’ with their sunk-cost fallacy ain’t going anywhere. It would not matter WHAT scandal happened.

The only sure thing that is going to decimate this religion is the demise of these Baby Boomers, in my opinion. They are what is keeping the religion afloat. Also, take into account the younger family members who are only attending now for the sake of these older family members. Once these older JWs are gone, some younger people will never go again.. They hate this religion so much that I’m certain some will never again set foot in a Kingdom Hall after the funeral talk.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@LongHairGal:

I agree. I've often said, the WT won't fall. It will just get old, and gradually shrink. It will never really go away completely - there will always be the true believers, but it will become so small, it won't really touch too many lives.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

WT has been on the defensive for well over 2 decades fighting-off one CSA legal assault after another. It's been said that some priced fighters can take a punch...many of them ending their career "punch drunk"! This is how we find The WTBTS/Jehovah’s Witnesses today...dazed & stupefied...you can see it in their faces, in the speech of the GB members & their Helpers and in the content of their talks!

Eventually punch-drunk priced fighters need to rely on caregivers to get through each day...today The WTBTS is having to rely on very expensive legal 'caregivers' like the same law firm the Roman Catholic Church uses to battle its CSA cases. WTBTS is having to enlist the services of the pricey Kleinbard Law Firm to fight-off the Pennsylvania State Attorney General's JW statewide CSA investigation. How do you think The WTBTS is going to look & feel after this battle is over?

No...no, don't expect the WTBTS to last much longer!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit