On this Fathers Day...

by babygirl30 16 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, babygirl -- feeling your pain and perhaps you're feeling mine.

Love and blessings.

CoCo

• babygirl30
    babygirl30
    People do care, and not just us as exjws, but people in general don't know about what they do in destroying families.

What's crazy is that it has taken me YEARS to understand that - that people do really care. As JWs it was so engrained in us that if you get DFd no one cares about you, no one will love you, you will fail without the org, and you are 'dead' to everyone. 🙄😏. And ironically I learned the true meaning of unconditional love AFTER I was DFd from non-JWs who care about me and my heartache of not having my families support. Those people are the ones giving a "good witness" if you ask me!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Good for you babygirl kudos to you ,your family who shun you are not worthy of you . My D.I.L. never hears from her mum,dad or siblings either in over 15 years ,what I say is who needs them ,its their loss not yours or her`s.

Maybe you should change your call sign from babygirl to something more apt now like Awakenedgirl or grownupgirl or something along those lines .LOL

You have seen the light.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have only just realized that it is Fathers Day in the U.S.A. babygirl maybe you can remember it as Daughter`s Day as the day you no longer care about fathers day or mothers day anymore .

You have been set free.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    TODAY I woke up and had this insane desire to be open. To tell people the truth about it all and to put it out there why on Fathers Day 2018, my father isnt in my life. Below is what I wrote...and let me say that although I have been crying most of today reading and re-reading my post. It is the the support I have gotten from everyone OUTSIDE my immediate family that resonates with me - through and through. Just wanted to show that I'm proud of my damn self today! #yayme

I'm glad that you posted this. I'm sure that a lot of us can relate to your story. You do have a family on your own and have managed to live your life without them.

Thank you for sharing this.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Much love to you, and full credit for taking back the power in this situation!

• humbled
    humbled

Keeping anyone’s secret is the burden no one should bear.. not when they are consciously perpetrating the behavior.

Good for you, girl. Rock on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit