Field Service Hours

by Mystery 17 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Is this really what "field service" has came to?

It has always been about time. I remember stopping from the territory and driving a fair distance home and then making a stupid telephone call on someone to finish my time.

wannaexit

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Hand-write letters extremely slowly

this reminded me during the late 70's and early 80's when the society wanted the rank and file to write letters to Mr. Banda in Malawi to stop the persecution of the witnesses. I remember how happy I was to be able to put in so many hours of easy service .

Those poor people in Malawi were suffering, being beaten and raped and killed and I was so happy because I had the opportunity to put in easy hours.

When I think about my insensitivity ( product of watchtower) I want to cry.

That is what watchtowerism does . It gives its members a warped sense of what is right.. For most doing what is right is getting as much hours as they can.

I don't remember thinking about what those bros and sis went through, I just remember how happy I was to be putting in all those hours.

Did I go on a tangent. Sorry.

Wannaexit

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

A really good technique is to write a "Letter to the Editor" of some newspaper or whatever. I knew a guy that would work on one for hours and hours, then send it in and it wouldn't be printed. Then he'd start another one.

• shamus
    shamus

PPPPHHHT! Too funny!

We used to write letters only when a not at home was not at home for years... LOL!

I think I'll hand in my time for all the time I"ve spent here posting!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

it is all about counting time -- love never figures -- what the hell would Jesus say/think

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    The following evening my niece ask my mother if she could count her time if she was on the internet talking to a possible JW?

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the reason I haven't seen any JWs working territory the last few years.

A really good technique is to write a "Letter to the Editor" of some newspaper or whatever. I knew a guy that would work on one for hours and hours, then send it in and it wouldn't be printed.

LMAO!! That's great!

Here's another tip: pretend you hear a funny noise in your car, and take it to a garage with your whole car group inside. Everyone who works at the garage will surely see your Watchtower taped to the back window.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Start your time at the Hall........ call one of your Bible Studies to confirm the appointment.

Start your time before the meeting for FS.....pick up an unbaptized publisher, stop your time for the meeting and resume as soon as its over.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

And you know what else some of them will do? Well, they'll go on the Internet and answer a few threads here and there and put down all the time they were logged on as field service hours. How's that for utter silliness?!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit