"Why show me these things if I am beyond all hope?"

by SanFranciscoJim 16 Replies latest jw friends

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Perhaps you are beyond all hope.

I doubt it though. They tend to have rather forbidding auras, tend not to care about other people, tend to exist only for themselves. From our conversations, it seems you are pretty nice.

All right. I talk to God all the time. Why not tell me what you want, and I'll ask for you. Not as an intermediary, but maybe He'll tell me how He's trying to talk to you... he's a tricky ol' bastid, maybe he's being sneaky with you.

Why not make me a prophet? (giggles madly) I won't charge you anything...

CZAR

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    but I am in a particularly dark mood tonight.

Right there with ya Jim. Been there many times and I'm fighting it myself right now. Sometimes the darkness closes in when you least expect it.

Reach out to others, as you've done. Sometimes it is only through contact with others that we can stumble our way through the darkness to the light.

You're among friends here.

• Carmel
    Carmel

No sign? Ah but "an evil generation seeketh a sign..." Seriously, one of the greatest disservices the clergy have made is to convince the rank and file that the biblical words are to be taken literally. Your answer to your anquish is not in seeking a God that puts visions and sounds in your mind, no, infact you can do that for yourself. Increasingly we have to resolve to the fact that there is no such being that will appear on a cloud, have legions of horsemen at his side ready to evaporate all the bad guys and leave the good guys. Human support and kindness given is the best healing for the injured psyche. May you have strength and courage.

carmel

• bebu
    bebu

I am of the opinion that there is always hope as long as one is alive--and, I suspect, longer. You are alive; there is hope.

Giving up is one of the deadly sins. I used to think that hope was a rather weak concept spiritually; now I recognize its tremendous value...

I add my wishes for hope to come to you this year--not always "next".

bebu

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    Giving up is one of the deadly sins.

Agreed. That is why I brought this topic up in the first place. I have no wish to give up.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    No spirits have ever visited me.

for 99.9999% of the population, I don't think it is suppose to be that way. but it's the other .0001% that have had the experiences that I find interesting. (please, let's not all go make a huge thread on whether or not there's proof that angels/spirits have appeared to anyone.... I just don't have the energy... thanks)

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    ....please, let's not all go make a huge thread on whether or not there's proof that angels/spirits have appeared to anyone....

What??!! You never saw Touched By an Angel on television? Of course people are visited by angels.... and the angels all drive red Cadillacs and look like Della Reese and Roma Downey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit