How Will the Quarantined Dubbies React When the "All Clear" Sounds?

by Room 215 18 Replies latest social humour

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It may depend on how many of them get sick themselves and realise Jehovah does not protect them from these crises at all ?

But then again they may very well think "I didn`t die ,so Jehovah must have spared and protected me through this crises"

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I heard of a nearby congregation that is to arrange group meetings ( bit tough on the group household, I think)

So far Sis. Blues has not been told anything. If I did not get it from here and she did not know a free speaking elder's wife.... she would know nothing of this

As for the future? Will they be rejuvenated afterwards and leap back into action? Or be so out of the habit that they don't want to go back? ...... I guess the latter .

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Bit of both I guess, but when they do start full operations again, i do think many will think to themselves " I actually loved not being on the treadmill". And hopefully, their oft mentioned "zeal" will be greatly diminished.

• Half banana
    Half banana

How will they react when they have to go back to the old routine? Aw! I was enjoying the freedom...a sense of lightness, the lack of being pushed all the time....

As Cha ching says, for brainwashing to work the indoctrination needs to be relentless, if it stops, it gives the victim the opportunity to reflect on the situation, possibly explore new avenues, have new ideas form. Not going to the meetings is very refreshing!

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

There continuing the brain washing by means of JW stream each elder has a login or you are sent a email to JW stream , then their going to do things as small groups in the UK .

Was a talk from USA about the flood of Noah's day, proof because animals that don't gather together eg because of the cold and heat were found together but then where did the water come from a canopy which kept the earth a constant temperature they don't see the contradiction there would not be animals that would need to survive in the hot or cold.

• millie210
    millie210

I think this is a huge risk for the leadership to take.

Donations will go down. People are anxious but in the midst of their anxiety, their brain will still record how nice it was to not maintain such a high level of spiritual activity.

If they use their TVs and screens they have installed in the Halls and try to stream info, some folks are going to want them to just move in that direction in the future anyhow. The Mormons already have been doing that for years with their General Assembly (similar to the district convention).

One problem is the Mormons impose a tithe and JWs rely on people using their donation boxed after they have hinted the whole meeting that you should.

So that part could be hard for them to work around.

• hoser
    hoser

One problem is the Mormons impose a tithe and JWs rely on people using their donation boxed after they have hinted the whole meeting that you should.

And Mormons have better paying jobs.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Many JW's have not been subjected to a life or death situation like this. They see staged Armageddon picts but that is nothing like a virus that can seriously take you down and is spreading. Might change their life perspective a little.

But on the other hand, it might make them cling tighter. No atheists in a fox hole as they say.

• minimus
    minimus

This is what the Organization was talking about. All religion would be shut down by the government and only JWs would persist. The governments will go after Jehovah’s “eyeball” , his people and then Jehovah God steps in and destroys the governments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit