The woman is a NUT

by Mysterious 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

My mother is fanatical NUT. It's bad enough I suffer through the weekly bible reading (revelation 1-6), this week she decides we clearly are not learning enough. She comes armed with (old light) the revelation book and copious prinouts. She must have spent four or five HOURS digging up and making notations on all this stuff. So then we read the bible reading in tiny segments so she can point out every minute, STUPID (POS) detail from the entire thing. She blows right past GLARING inconsistencies and hammers all this WT junk at me. The whole thing took FAR too long. How ANYONE can find "refreshment" in that crap is appalling.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Sorry you have to go through that Mysterious! I do hope when you finally tell your mom "what's up", that you will no longer be subjected to these unbalanced studies!

:-)

growedup

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Not sure why you are being made to 'study' old Revelation pubs from the WTBTS... I thot they had 'New Light' since these were published. You mean they are STILL reading from those books? (Sheesh! I was a teen when we had to snooze through those books on Tuesday nights.)

BTW: Did anyone notice the ads that appeared under your post? One is for a software program that organizes the 'Theocratic Ministry School'. Jeepers!

Regards,

Jim TX

• blondie
    blondie

Mysterious, starting at the age of 12 I went through the Babylon the Great book twice, the Finished Mystery book twice, and the Revelation Climax book 3 times. Needless to say, if I had to choose one of the 66 books of the Bible to study, Revelation would be 66th. If they are taking 6 chapters a week, you only have 3 more weeks to go. Imagine all the weeks and years some of us had to go through.

Blondie

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Jim_TX my mother is using the book. Officially we are only reading Revelation from the bible, but apparently this was not fanatical enough for her.

Blondie, I studied the Revelation book twice. I still hold that their way of studying it is rather like when you read a novel in school and the teacher tells you what it means and you're supposed to believe it no matter what..

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Just remember, the 29th isn't far off. Things will work out for you soon

• blondie
    blondie

That's true, mysterious. Just hang on, it will only be a few weeks and the Bible reading will be back to Genesis. The WTS doesn't have a book on that.

Blondie

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Yes I wonder why they don't have a book on the subject, after all aren't ALL scriptures inspired of God and worthy of equal weight and consideration.

Actually I do believe I won't have to go back and read Genesis, what a pity. I think the last bible reading I have to do will be the final chapters of Revelation. Almost a fitting place to end don't you think.

• blondie
    blondie

Hang on, Sloopy, Hang on.

Blondie

• Poztate
    Poztate
    the Bible reading will be back to Genesis. The WTS doesn't have a book on that.

Hey Blondie,

You know that they monitor this board.Any bets that the new release next year will be "genesis fufills prophecy in our day"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit