A good rebuttel to the JWs when they say: "We are not a cult"

by logansrun 14 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

Poztate,

For the record, I do believe the JWs were somewhat unfairly treated by the French government.

b.

• Ron1968
    Ron1968

Brad,

You are absolutely correct that the classification of a group must come from the outside and not from just one person either. I would listen to a substantial majority of outsiders.

My personal opinion has been that the jw's are indeed a cult. As some know, they at one point changed up the rules on blood in some European countries because they were going to lose their tax-exempt status over that blood issue because it reeked of a cult instead of a religion. When the $$ was at stake, of course the witnesses backed down on it.

I think that they are a cult for several reasons myself. One is that it divides flesh and blood family members in regards to disfellowshipment. Dividing up a family in every sense is too much for me.

Ron

• donkey
    donkey

A religion is just a cult with more real estate.

• pc
    pc

Logansrun, That was great! Since I came to this site and others like it, and really found out the truth about the WTS that I grew up in. I realize now why people always refered to it as a cult. Whenever I discuss religion now I start off with this statement. " I grew up in the cult of JW's". PC

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Very good... I like it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit